Table within a Block

resullins

Ok... I feel like I'm overthinking this, and there's something really easy I'm missing here. I have a block that basically has a few attributes, but then I want it to have basically a table at the bottom that's expandable. I'm doing labels for small manufactured pieces, and want to list all the places it exists. This may be as few as 1, or as many as 50. Is there an easy way to do this? The only thing I can really think of is to make the top a block, the bottom a table, and have them inserted together. But then I'd always have people trying to move them and separating them and whatever. 

THANK YOU!!!!

image.thumb.png.792d7b5327fcad01a8531e265db5b51f.png

1st answer is easy there is vla-insertrows so can easy have 1-50 rows, make the table with 1 data row to start.

You should be able to control the table look and feel, you can change row heights, merge cells, colours and so on. 

Show plate name etc complete the block add the attributes then maybe can make the table to suit, it may be possible using mtetxt for the cell to get the correct look. Post a dwg as need cell sizes etc.

For anyone this  is an interesting list of table commands.

list of methods for a table.txt

Edited by BIGAL