Annoying Command Prompt!

conortist

Every time I open a drawing on my AutoCad MEP 2008 it has already automatically launched into a default command and I am unable to save, close, switch between model and paper space etc without having to exit out of this pre-launched command first in which I have to tap escape several times. This, as you can imagine is very tedious and unnessary. It has only started quite recently for reasons unknown. Where under 'Options' or similar can I disable this command prompt each time AutoCad starts/a new drawing is opened? Thanks

Dude, that was a fast reply! I've copied the history of the command line when I first open a drawing below:

...AutoCAD bonus utilities loaded.

bad character read (octal): 21

C:ASCPOINT loaded. Start command with ASCPOINT. "\nC:COUNT loaded. Start

command with COUNT. "

c:CHText loaded. Start command with CHT.

CONTOUR LOADED

TYPE TO RUN

FLATTEN v.2.2 loaded. Type FLATTEN to run it.

Graph drawing program by Phil Baker. V1.2a on 28.5.93

Name of file containing x,y data:

Autodesk DWG. This file is a TrustedDWG last saved by an Autodesk application

or Autodesk licensed application.

then when I click within the drawing this follows:

Command: _.TILEMODE bad argument type: FILE nilextra right paren on input

Select objects: 0 Specify opposite corner: 162 found

ok.... I really have no idea why this happens, but hopefully someone is around that will know more..

what I do know is the TILEMODE (from the Help) makes the Model tab or the last Layout tab current, depending on if it's set to 0 or 1 .... dunno how that would help though :?

Start Appload and check your Startup Suite

If the offending apps aren't in there check your acaddoc.lsp file (it may be acad2009doc.lsp or acadmep2009doc.lsp or something similar).

As lpseifert says, check those areas.

If it is indeed custom LISP files that are causing your problems, check for anything outside of the (defun c:... (princ)) if that makes any sense, as these functions will be set to run automatically upon loading the LISP file.

I'm in the startup suite with the list of applications.

What would be the offending application; CONTOUR/ ASCPOINT/ FLATTEN etc?

try unloading them all (note where they're saved if possible) and start the program again. Then load them on at a time and see where the problem is.

Or, unload them one at a time.... either way:oops:

That's done the trick!

I started unloading them one at a time but nothing was happening so I just unloaded them all. Still nothing happened until I re-started AutoCad so I don't know what was the opposing application but I don't care, the problems away!! That's been buggin me for months!

Cheers guys!

Would be interesting to know why they were causing such grief...., if you get a minute, take a look into where they are saved and check if the LISP file has any additional commands that run outside of the function definition (defun c:...),

The LISP files with these "extra" commands will be the ones causing you hassle.

Or, alternatively - load each one separately, - not using the start-up suite and see if any commands are invoked upon loading to see which is the cuplrit

Hope this helps

Cheers

Lee

i will do but for now, i have to get some work done before i leave work on my holidays for a week! Snowboarding!! I'll get back to you in a weeks time. sorry for the delay.