Change inch to feet in Bearing Lisp

pattanasio

Dear Sir/Madam:

The attached lisp routine places the bearing and distance of a line in AutoCAD.  However, it places the inches of the line.  I would like it to indicate feet and decimals of a foot.  This is the format for survey work.  I have been trying to divide the inch result by 12 to derive feet instead. For example (/ distn 12).  Need your help.

Thanks,

Phil

bd.LSP

As the attached lisp uses no local variables while modifying so many system variables rather than attempting to fix it why not do a search for a better replacement. Many have been written for this purpose with or without using fields or blocks that wouldn't adversely affect anything else in AutoCAD.

This routine gives the distance in decimal inches. If you divide by 12 you will get feet. ie, 120 inches (10 feet) /12 =10 feet.

I finally figured to change the len variable to (setq len (/ len 12)).  This would divide the length (len) by 12 and the output is in feet and decimal of feet.

I renamed the lisp routine to bearing & distance.lsp.

Thanks,

Phil

bearing & distance.LSP