Units set to m, but draws in inches

I set my units to decimal and m, my dimstyle primary units to decimal too. But when I draw a line of 0.23m it draws in inches. I have a custom made 9" mline, which shows dist as 9 only. Scale is 1:1. Any one with same issue.

Edited by Cadbuddy

Did you specifically choose a metric based drawing template file such as acadiso.dwt?  The default is imperial base and is named acad.dwt.

• Like 1

Hello Cadbuddy and welcome to CADTutor.  :)

As per ReMark's suggestion.   :beer:

If you typically draw in Metric units, as I do; once you have determined the most appropriate Metric template

for your personal preferences and work, you can set that as your Default QNEW template.

In that way each time you boot Autocad, or use the QNEW button to create a new file, whichever template you have defined as your new default,

will be used, and you can hit your desktop running.

Just go to OPTIONS and follow the screenshot.  Browse to the Template list and select one ending in ISO, to ensure Metric units are the default.

Be sure to confirm your new selection by hitting OK, before closing the dialog.  ;)

image.thumb.png.0248f15624f12f0cc2b841f24f686122.png

Edited by Dadgad
typo

There is no LINE system variable, that I am aware of.

If you open your SYSVDLG window, as shown in the screenshot,

perhaps you can find the variable which you are searching for.

Or perhaps this PSLTSCALE will shed some light?

Or the second one for MSLTSCALE?

image.thumb.png.672d3c17bd56ad62444c53b2a6d6cfa7.png

image.thumb.png.3c63bf206965afe48a3209361b738ca7.png

Might the OP be inquiring about the variable LTSCALE?  

The LTSCALE system variable is used to control the global linetype scale factor in the drawing. 

• Like 1

While there are different opinions on using them I recommend leaving LTSCALE, PSLTSCALE, & MSLTSCALE system variables all set at 1 their default. Then set the Annotation Scale for the Model tab the same as you're using in your Layout Viewports so the linework is displayed the same in both places.

Of course it only works if the template you're using is set up correctly. Check your MEASUREINIT and MEASUREMENT system variables as there are separate lin files for Imperial and Metric.

• Like 2