Wacom Bamboo

Teneighty

Hi

I've just bought a Wacom bamboo tablet, but when i type TABLET in the command line, it comes like this:

Your pointing device cannot be used as a tablet.

I got autoCAd 2007

Is my tablet to new or is it another problem?

That's the message I get and I don't have 1.

Make sure you have gone tools>tablet>ON

if that don't work silly question I know but have you installed the driver for the tablet?

Wacom is a supported tablet for Autocad so it should work.

When I type TABLET at the command line, I get the same response you get. "Your pointing device cannot be used as a tablet." But my Wacom works fine anyway. Have you tried drawing with it? Does it not work?

Edit: By the way, my TABMODE is set to 0 and my tablet still works anyway. That setting doesn't seem to have any effect one way or the other.

I'm not familiar with the Bamboo, I have the Intuos3.

I just had a quick look at a website featuring the Bamboo and it looks like it has some programmable buttons? :unsure: Sorry, can't help you with that.

The reason i was messing around with the tablet commands and so on was to get a feature that a normal mouse got.

Since I dont had this program so long i dont know all of its features yet.

So the question is:

When i press down the scroll button on a normal mouse, I can move the drawing all around ( the whole screen if you know what i mean). How do i do it with a tablet, any commands to do it?

....big time dough! I thought you had problems getting the tablet to work?

ok out of my hands as I have never used one, think I need a pint after this post:?

Cad64 do you work with the tablet I just cannot see it being productive with Autocad?

:lol: No I don't use it at all for Cad work, just for Photoshop and Zbrush. Trying to do Cad work with the tablet is just too slow and difficult.

So the question is:

When i press down the scroll button on a normal mouse, I can move the drawing all around ( the whole screen if you know what i mean). How do i do it with a tablet, any commands to do it?

You will have to initiate the PAN command through the keyboard. Then you will be able to move around. This is why I don't use the tablet for Cad work. It's just too cumbersome.

Edit: Scratch that, I have a button on my tablet, that when pressed, initiates pan mode. :lol: Didn't even realize that. I guess I learned something new myself on this thread. :lol:

....big time dough! I thought you had problems getting the tablet to work?

ok out of my hands as I have never used one, think I need a pint after this post:?

Sorry if I set you on the wrong path.

Thats the only command I miss, other then that it all works fine:)

EDIT - Thanks alot cad64, the problem is sorted :)

the tablet is for digitizing tablet that allow you to have an overlay to program a whole slew of button to run as commands and macros for autocad...these tablet were the defacto input devices on CAD software in the DOS days and early windows environment...but these days the CAD GUI have all these toolbars that replaces the "overlay" that the tablets provided (i think version 13 is the last one that shipped with an overlay in the box)...

the wacom tablets you're now refering to are more like a mouse with pressure sensitivity but can not be configured to use "overlays"...the digitizing tablet are far more accurate and provide more function on the puck (sort of like a mouse) with up to 16 buttons and a monicle with cross hairs for precise tracing and command selection....

(i think version 13 is the last one that shipped with an overlay in the box)...

My 2000 version came with an overlay...When i looked at it,I thought it was something to put on your screen!!!..shows how little I knew then..:lol:

• 2 years later...

I realize this is an old thread but just in case someone stumbles upon it like I just did while googling, I figured I'd give my $.02

I have the Bamboo and have been using it with ACAD for over a year. I have carpal tunnel so I can no longer hold a mouse but the pen feature is great. I wound up using the software provided with the bamboo to edit my settings for the tablet. My settings are:

Touching the pad with the pen = left click

Bottom thumb button = middle click (Pan in ACAD)

Top Thumb button = right click

My only beef is that there's no scroll wheel so zooming in and out either requires the use of the bamboo ring or leave the Zoom toolbar open which is what I chose to do.

I'm currently investigating the Bamboo Pen and Touch pad to see if Gestures like Ipod will work for pan/zoom.

-kp!