Regenerating Model....

its_ikon

When opening a file, the command prompt continuously cycles through regenerating model over and over and over again. This is non stop until a command is started and canceled or sometimes hitting escape. Here is the weird thing, completely random and not all the same files. Recreated the profile, used standard install with no custom anything, audit, resetting target, export to autocad, recover, layer properties closed, repair, reinstall, etc. I can e-transmit and open the file on my home computer and not get the issue, so that is one thing I am trying to work off of. Anyone else have ideas? Went from AutoCAD 2018 to 2021 when the issue started.

So, you're using 2021? Your profile says you're using 2010.

You could try setting the REGENAUTO variable to 0 and see if that stops the message from happening. This means you will have to perform Regen's manually though, which isn't a big deal, just something you will need to remember to do. I work on files that are saved on my client's server and I found that turning off REGENAUTO helps speed up panning, zooming and switching back and forth between layout tabs. It may or may not help with opening files though. Just something to try.

It almost sounds like AutoCAD is trying to find something that the file is referencing and can't find it. Is the home computer using the same version of AutoCAD?