Scale Help

siderus

I received an AutoCAD drawing and the scale is 1:100. I am not sure how to select a paper size and scale to print it out. Please help. I never received a drawing in metric that I had to mess with.

In a viewport using the zoom command enter 1/100xp to set the scale to 1:100. You should be able to use whatever paper sizes you have available. Not sure what you're asking? Was the drawing not draw 1:1 in model space? 

The size of the paper will depend on the size of the model. If you're restricted to one size of paper, you may have to break up the model.

Not sure why metric makes a difference. A scale is a scale. If 1:100 isn't on your list of available scales, you can create it.

As always, the more information you can give us, the better we can help you.

1 hour ago, siderus said:

I received an AutoCAD drawing and the scale is 1:100. 

The scale of what? The MS viewport? The layout VP? 

Would help everyone if you could just attach the DWG file (or a stripped down version of it that still exhibits the problem/question)

8 hours ago, siderus said:

I received an AutoCAD drawing and the scale is 1:100. I am not sure how to select a paper size and scale to print it out. Please help. I never received a drawing in metric that I had to mess with.

A metric scale of 1:100 is roughly equivalent to an imperial scale of 1/8" = 1'-0" (1"=8.33 feet actual).  What is the longest horizontal and vertical dimension shown on the drawing you were sent?

What paper sizes do you work with? Draw a rectangle around the whole plan and let us know what the lengths of the recatangles sides are.

As its metric there is a nice feature in the Viewports toolbar, it will display the current scale inside a viewport. So if you have  a layout, set up your title block in mm true size and open a viewport zoom etc and you will see the number change, now the smart part you can change the number in the viewport and the view will rescale. For metric its 1000/scale if in metres so a value of 10 is 1:100. Dont use like 3 that is a scale of 1:333.333.