MNU file - show full menu

sketch11

If a menu file contains more entries than the screen can accommodate, there is an option to scroll up or down.

Is there a way to have the menu items show over multiple columns as shown in the image.

Sample code is shown below.

***MENUGROUP=STRUCTURAL_STEEL_SAMPLE
***POP17
**CTOPopSTRUCTURAL_STEEL_SAMPLE

[Structural Steel (Sample)]

[->Sample group]
                 [400x300x16.0RHS]^C^C(BlockInsert "RectangularHollowSection_400x300x16.0RHS");scale;1;
                 [400x300x12.5RHS]^C^C(BlockInsert "RectangularHollowSection_400x300x12.5RHS");scale;1;
                 [400x300x10.0RHS]^C^C(BlockInsert "RectangularHollowSection_400x300x10.0RHS");scale;1;
                 [400x300x8.0RHS]^C^C(BlockInsert "RectangularHollowSection_400x300x8.0RHS");scale;1;
              [--]

Untitled.thumb.png.04d068df5d8146782c1d84f8a2ce46ff.png

Edited by sketch11

Be careful I totally crashed my Autocad to it showed FILE EDIT and that was it and could not get the menu's back, I did in end but took a while it was caused by a MNU file being loaded that was not right and Autocad spat the dummy in a big way.

So I would make sure you have a workspace saved like your name before trying extended characters. Have workspace save auto set to NO. If it works save workspace.

If you know the alt+xxx key number give that a try. Also try Mtext then copy and paste into your text editor. a≠a­ not equal. 

OK thanks for responding.

Just to clarify, I don't have issues with finding the character, and understanding the Unicode tags. Pasting the character into a text editor is also not a problem, the character does show there.

The issue is that it does not show in the menu file in AutoCAD. And the question is about programming, ie, how to tell the MNU file, in code, to show the special character in the AutoCAD menu.

In Excel VBA for example, you can represent the character "φ" with "ChrW(&H03C6)".

It may be deep inside Autocad the default font used and is it limited to the number of characters supported. The phi being in excess of say 128. 

I know you can change some display settings in Autocad part done in Windows part in Autocad but its been years since I played with that.

• Like 1

The closes I got was changing the font in the command window.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/ENU/AutoCAD-MAC-Core/files/GUID-8D939006-3A0E-4FF3-B5FB-C809F8EB2797-htm.html

I would suggest that the character "φ" is part of most Windows fonts.

But I did notice that with shx fonts, there are less characters available, so with RomanS.shx, there is no "φ"  available.

At the same time, the font in the AutoCAD menu looks the same as for Windows applications, which I would guess use one of the standard Windows fonts, which does include "φ".

WARNING DO NOT DO IN AUTOCAD screws it right up. About to spend a 1/2 hour now trying to fix.

Copied from mtext in Bricscad.

image.png.5ee97608f260854935c0344473b9583d.png

Edited by BIGAL