Constraining to an axis to an arc in an assembly (Question)

Parker Lanning

To start off I would like to say that I am a high school freshman just starting off on inventor. I've asked my teacher for help but he can't figure it out. Basically we are doing an automata project where you need to make some sort of motion from a crank and cam through a box. Being the ambitious fellow that I am I decided to make a dogs tail wag, as in a curved back and forth motion. I have the crank and my cam and my follower (I am using a hinged follower) and I am trying to figure out how to constrain the follower to an arc. The follower will not attach to the cam without being constrained to an axis of some sort first but I can't use a straight axis for the sort of curved motion that I want. The mate constraint does not recognize any arcs that I put in the assembly.