HOW TO FIX-Layer manager window is not showing full scree

Sengna

Does anyone know how can i fix the issue when my layer manager is not showing in full screen, it only shows in small window just like picture below, i tried to drag the bottom window down to see me but it won't let me. i closed dwg and re open but it was till the same.  is there any command i need to set to get it as normal.     i have about 157 layers for this dwg, i want to turn off 156 layers and leave one turn on...............thank you for any help.

layer manager.jpg

When you tried to expand the window, did the little arrow grips show up in the corners of the dialog?

Barring anything else you can use the LAYISO command to do that.

Afterwards use LAYUNISO to activate all your layers again.

Have you checked in OPTIONS, on the Profiles tab?

Try clicking the REFRESH icon at the right end of the dialog.

Edited by Dadgad
past my bedtime

2 hours ago, Dadgad said:

When you tried to expand the window, did the little arrow grips show up in the corners of the dialog?

Barring anything else you can use the LAYISO command to do that.

Afterwards use LAYUNISO to activate all your layers again.

Have you checked in OPTIONS, on the Profiles tab?

Try clicking the REFRESH icon at the right end of the dialog.

hi Dadgad,  

-No there is no arrow grips and corners, center or anywhere on the dialog box, there is only scroll up and down arrows at the right end of window which is still alot of work to scroll one by one

-I will try to learn how to use commands you suggested and will update. 

-i checked the profile tab under option and nothing show except it said <<Unnamed profile>>,

Note: i opened the drawing on my co worker computer and the LAYER PROPERTY window show full screen as normal.

Layiso is one of the icons in the middle of the screen grab you have posted it is in simple terms temporary turn off all layers except the 1 I want. Layuniso turns them all back on. Do layiso and settings I suggest "Off" that may be why you said nothing happening else default is a fade.

Have you pushed the layer manager up to top of screen it will go like you show, grab left bar on the layer window and drag down, I managed to make it look like yours.

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1

I suggested the LAYISO command, not to adjust the size of the dialog window,

but because you mentioned wanting to turn off all but one of the layers, and it is probably the fastest way to do that.

As BIGAL mentioned choose SETTINGS at the commandline prompt

to configure it so that it works in the way that you want it to.

You could try CLOSING the Ribbon.

Enter  LAYER at the commandline and hit ENTER.

Click on the right side window bar and select SIZE as shown in the screenshot.

image.thumb.png.563183e38c0b7e22307b63aadfbd44cb.png

Unlock your workspace.  You can't manipulate any window elements with them locked. You can press the drop down arrow and pick which elements to unlock, or simply lock them back up once you have fixed your problem.

UNLOCK.png

Edited by Dana W
  • Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 2:17 PM, Sengna said:

Note: i opened the drawing on my co worker computer and the LAYER PROPERTY window show full screen as normal.

That is a workspace setting, not a drawing setting.

On 3/1/2021 at 7:02 AM, Dana W said:

Unlock your workspace.  You can't manipulate any window elements with them locked. You can press the drop down arrow and pick which elements to unlock, or simply lock them back up once you have fixed your problem.

UNLOCK.png

I will check on this when i get to my work station, thank you.

On 3/1/2021 at 9:02 AM, Dana W said:

Unlock your workspace.  You can't manipulate any window elements with them locked.

Unless you hold the CTRL key while dragging.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 3:49 PM, BIGAL said:

Layiso is one of the icons in the middle of the screen grab you have posted it is in simple terms temporary turn off all layers except the 1 I want. Layuniso turns them all back on. Do layiso and settings I suggest "Off" that may be why you said nothing happening else default is a fade.

Have you pushed the layer manager up to top of screen it will go like you show, grab left bar on the layer window and drag down, I managed to make it look like yours.

this is what it shows when i entered LAYISO command.  And to answer your question, yes my layer manger is at the top.

layiso.jpg

As mentioned above somewhere, LAYISO or LAYUNISO have nothing to do with manipulating the layer manager window.  They are commands that would have solved your initial issue you were having when you discovered you could not stretch your layer manager window.  You could not stretch your layer manager window because it is probably locked.  The two problems are not connected at all.

By the way, to isolate a layer, first you have to select an object on the layer you want to isolate, then issue the LAYISO command.  Then all layers but that one will lock and fade out according to your settings as shown above.  If you do not select an option first, the program assumes you want to be given the chance to change your layer lock and fade settings.

You can still click on and highlight objects on the locked layers but they are not selectable.

Edited by Dana W

What are your computer specifications? These type things are sometimes related to graphics cards, drivers etc.

Is AutoCAD and all the drivers updated?

• 7 months later...

Hi

I just had a similar problem, hence why I am on this chat. But my Layer pane would happily increase in size, but left my actual layer information sulking tiny in the corner. I simply clicked on the double chevron icon next to "Invert Filter" filter toggle (Bottom left or right) and it all came good.