Lejla sehovic

Hello, 

I am new in AutoCAD. I draw 1:1 floor plan, I draw 1m in real like 1 in autocad. Now I have to plot it in pdf as 1:50. How can I do that

Do you have your layouts set for the paper size you will be using? And did you setup the drawing units before you started? typically in a metric drawing everything is expecting millimeters as the drawing unit so all your scales will be set according to millimeters. Just changing the units to meters with the 'UNITS' command isn't enough you need to run the '-DWGUNITS' (with the hypen "-") and AutoCAD will adjust the scales for you. It will be a lot easier if you could post the drawing file here so someone could check your settings, but we do need to know the 'paper' size and the area of the drawing that needs to be plotted often people say they want to plot something at 1:50 but it just doesn't physically fit on a sheet of paper they want to use at that size.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, steven-g said:

Do you have your layouts set for the paper size you will be using? And did you setup the drawing units before you started? typically in a metric drawing everything is expecting millimeters as the drawing unit so all your scales will be set according to millimeters. Just changing the units to meters with the 'UNITS' command isn't enough you need to run the '-DWGUNITS' (with the hypen "-") and AutoCAD will adjust the scales for you. It will be a lot easier if you could post the drawing file here so someone could check your settings, but we do need to know the 'paper' size and the area of the drawing that needs to be plotted often people say they want to plot something at 1:50 but it just doesn't physically fit on a sheet of paper they want to use at that size.

I am new here so don’t know the best about it. Can you see If I attach file here?

4 hours ago, Lejla sehovic said:

Hello, 

I am new in AutoCAD. I draw 1:1 floor plan, I draw 1m in real like 1 in autocad. Now I have to plot it in pdf as 1:50. How can I do that

Do you know anything about paper space or viewports? This is a concept that most people struggle with who are new to the program. There are many video tutorials on youtube that go in depth and cover the whole process of setting up viewports for printing. I would suggest that you watch a few tutorials and then come back with specific questions about anything you don't understand.

• Like 1

You had started the drawing with a metric template setup in millimeters which means layouts and viewportscales also use millimeters. I changed your drawing units to meters using the '-dwgunits' command but scaling the paperspace viewports also changes you dimension styles so it was easier just to add in new layouts for standard paper sizes and edit the scales manually (normally you should create a template set with everything ready to use meters but that is a topic of study all by itself). Attached is a copy of your file showing A1 - A4 all at 1:50

210305-J4FJXM - kopija - kopija.dwg

• Like 1

Being metric and working in metres it is very easy to work out a plot in a layout. Like Steven-g have your title blocks as true size in mm as he has provided, make a mview now for the nice bit make sure you have the "Viewports" tool bar turned on. The box tells you what scale the view is when you click inside. So for 1:50 just zoom to about what you would like to see then in the viewport toolbar box put 20 the viewport will rescale to 1:50. Now why 20 simple take 1000/scale so 1000/50 = 20 1:250 = 4 1:100 = 10 its just so simple.

image.png.48d15305cd4e152c97bfb9d841eafe57.png

• Like 1