Delete all Points

Hello again. In cleaning up a drawing prior to sharing, is there any command that will delete all the Points I have used in the drawing?  Also, I want to delete all the dimensions too

Edited by JoeS09

Now you know how to set the size of a point in Absolute units, set the size to some huge value. Then when you Zoom Extents, all your line work will be at the centre of the screen, and the points will extend to the edges of the screen. You can now Erase all the points using a crossing window or a fence selection on one side of the points, safe in the knowledge that all your work would not be selected.

erase points.PNG

• Like 1

If all your dimensions are on layers by themselves, freeze those layers until only what you want to share is visible, then Wblock what remains on the screen. Then you get a nice clean drawing to share, without any hidden bits!

Or select one of what you need to delete, then select similar.

I do templates pretty much as Eldon describes, just freeze the unnecessary layers and Wblock or DXFOUT if I need to send in .dxf.

You never know when you'll need to revisit your original drawing.

thanks for this info, everyone. Eldon, after you freeze and then Wblock, will this remove all the layers and send only a "0" default layer ? Sending to a CNC machine that prefers only "0" layer

Yes. As long as everything visible is on layer 0 then Wblock only has the layers of the selected entities. It sounds ideal for preparing for a CNC machine. 

Wblock will save all layers currently on, you need a couple more steps a simple one is select all, have properties on and set layer to "0". The issue is that any blocks may have entities on a different layer so need a convert all block objects to layer "0" just google its out there.

• 3 weeks later...

A PDMODE of zero will fix this....

PDMODE=0 makes them dots.

PDMODE=1 makes them invisible

Edited by ILoveMadoka

34 minutes ago, ILoveMadoka said:

A PDMODE of zero will fix this....

PDMODE=0 makes them dots.

PDMODE=1 makes them invisible

But they are still there.

I only mention it because I've seen people freak out in a similar situation

thinking that the only way to get a workable drawing was to delete them

when changing their appearance would have worked just fine.

Oh my God! What is this??!!

Change the PDMode setting...

Nevermind...

It may help someone in the future..

But you are correct...