Zooming through a wall

Steven P

Apologies if this is a very easy thing to do. 3D cad isn't my thing... yet? however always good to learn stuff.

This week an actual thing, drawing out my house in 3d as a learning tool, all the details should be there eventually such walls, cable routes, pipes, and I reckon that will give me the tools to draw most things + practice. Mrs StevenP will then be able to see better colour schemes for later decorating.

So one thing that I can't work out, I have the rooms drawn out, can I zoom in and then zoom through the wall to see the other side of it? I can hide walls just wondering what setting i need to make it vanish without hiding them? Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Yes, you can use your scroll wheel and zoom in until your view passes through the wall, but that can be a bit tedious.

One thing you can do is set up a camera in each room, or multiple cameras pointing at different walls. Then you can switch from one to the other using the VIEW command and select which camera you want.

• Like 1

Sorry part of the package but gives you the method yes it was written to slice 3d houses. Look at date. 

Section.lsp v1.0 July '91
;                         CAD-ARC V3.1 Cad Technology (J.A.S)
;                         File to manipulate "dview" clipping
;                         planes to give sections at a user definable
;                         distance along section line.

If you are going through all of that trouble I imagine you are drawing in studs as well. I’d just put all of the sheet rock and exterior walls on individual layers and just turn off when needed. Same with the ceiling and second floor/roof  

I can usually get by with access from a top view for 95% of work and have to isolate objects for the remainder. Top view access will also allow you to place any furniture that you may want to add in the future. 

58 minutes ago, Senile said:

If you are going through all of that trouble I imagine you are drawing in studs as well. I’d just put all of the sheet rock and exterior walls on individual layers and just turn off when needed. Same with the ceiling and second floor/roof  

I can usually get by with access from a top view for 95% of work and have to isolate objects for the remainder. Top view access will also allow you to place any furniture that you may want to add in the future. 

I would if I had any. Brick walls and 1 piece of plasterboard.

In my original comment, I mentioned that this was a learning exercise mostly so the more details the better. Commercially? Yup get the details the client wants, add a little bit more to make them happy but don't blow the budget.