Exchange Same-Name Attribute Block With New Tag Definition

"Mitch"

Drawing A: old tag definition

Drawing B: new tag definition

Hi Guys,

I have an opened drawing file A with an old attribute tag definition and brought in another attribute block with the same name but having a new attribution tag definition from a drawing file B. I had purposefully purged drawing A’s attribute block containing the old tag definition, hoping to bring in the same-name attribute from drawing B, having new tag definition. It went well except the Enhanced Attribute Editor still contains the old tag definition of drawing A – even though Battman shows the new defined tags from drawing B. This means that I need to somehow, Purge the old defined tags from drawing A. Am I able to purge the attribute’s definition from a drawing? I am doing this so I may not have to change the attribute block’s name and keep the new tag definition.

Thanks for your time,

"Mitch"

Is the persistent tag inside a block or is it a free-floating attribute? If it's inside a block, it should disappear after a purge.

Did you run ATTSYNC to standardize the block definition?

Is the new tag inside a block?

• Like 1