DoubleCAD

Guest Sjano

I'll have to take a look at that one. Very interesting.

Lately I've been looking for something fairly simple to use, that will make dwg compatible files. One of my kids helps me out from time to time with some simple stuff, and although she's getting better, she doesn't really have the time to learn Autocad. LT is about a third the price of an Autocad seat, but still a little pricey for what she does. Right now, she comes here and uses my second computer that has an older version on it. If I find something we both like, I intend to put it on her laptop so she can work at home. Not that I mind her being here, but she could do it at her convienence that way.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jack_O'neill

• uddfl

• f700es

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah I like DraftSight better but DoubleCAD has SKP support and that speaks volumes for getting DWGs in and out of SketchUp (non Pro) now. DraftSight seems a bit faster on my home system as well.

I'll have to take a look at that one. Very interesting.

Lately I've been looking for something fairly simple to use, that will make dwg compatible files. One of my kids helps me out from time to time with some simple stuff, and although she's getting better, she doesn't really have the time to learn Autocad. LT is about a third the price of an Autocad seat, but still a little pricey for what she does. Right now, she comes here and uses my second computer that has an older version on it. If I find something we both like, I intend to put it on her laptop so she can work at home. Not that I mind her being here, but she could do it at her convienence that way.

That was wierd....why did it post this twice?

Edited by Jack_O'neill
wierdness afoot

I am simply amazed at all the AutoCAD-like programs out there. We didn't have this 3-4 years ago. Many companies are constantly developing their systems and trying to produce better software than the competition, which I think it's great. It's a different era. Open Source has done a lot for CAD.

I installed BricsCAD and began to use it.... not play with it, or try to figure it out, but, just use it like it was always there... I am so pleased with it. It's like AutoCAD the way it was supposed to be. Loaded my LISPs. Everything works! As a seasoned AutoCAD user, Unless I find something that will provide a more seamless transition, which I doubt, this is my new drafting software. Thank you all for your replies.

I am simply amazed at all the AutoCAD-like programs out there. We didn't have this 3-4 years ago. Many companies are constantly developing their systems and trying to produce better software than the competition, which I think it's great. It's a different era. Open Source has done a lot for CAD.

I installed BricsCAD and began to use it.... not play with it, or try to figure it out, but, just use it like it was always there... I am so pleased with it. It's like AutoCAD the way it was supposed to be. Loaded my LISPs. Everything works! As a seasoned AutoCAD user, Unless I find something that will provide a more seamless transition, which I doubt, this is my new drafting software. Thank you all for your replies.

Downloaded Bricscad demo this morning and I must say, it is impressive. Far easier to use than Doublecad and runs lisp and vba (demo does not come with vba, but it can be activated). The top of the line version is less than a seat of LT and does solid modeling and editing. User interface can be configured anyway you like, commands are customizable...this is the way I will go on my next cad purchase.