Sheet Set link issue

jt6572

Hi All, 

I have two sets of drawings for the same project that I have sheet sets for. 

They are for the same thing, only different phases (we'll say 1 and 2) and have different numbers. 

An issue I am having is that whenever I try to update a field for set 2 it returns to "Unknown" or defaults to the set 1 field value. Both sheet set files and drawings are in the same location. 

I need to keep set 1 going as I am waiting on an issue date. I had previously moved this set and then had to relink all fields as they had been broken. 

my lead doesn't know sheet sets, and having introduced them I really cant afford to have them be seen to be creating issues. 

could someone please advise on how I can have the sheets in each set maintain its link to only the sheet set it was created in? Im scared to move anything because I dont want the link to break again!! 

note: both sheet set names are very similar, and set 1 comes first alphabetically. not sure if this would matter or not.... 

thank you. 

To make sure I understand .....

You have sheet set files (.dst files) something like SS1 and SS2, both in the same folder.

SS1 contains sheets 1-10 and SS2 contains sheets 11-20 (in other words, there are no sheets that belong to both sheet sets, correct?)

There can't be duplicate filenames in the same folder, since the O/S would not allow that.

If all that is true, I don't see how SS references are getting mixed up.

Could you drop some screenshots in here, or a video or something that shows the mixups?

Hi rkmcswain

thanks very much for your reply. 

i don't understand why, but after moving them (breaking the links) the values are there, but if i were to change any I'd have to go through the process, rather than just selecting the correct drawing in the set. I've just tried doing this with the correct set current but made no difference. 

as it stands, the initial set of drawings has been pdf'ed and everything is good to go, so I am not touching them! they are going out tomorrow so I am waiting for that and will then move all of them and the dst to a superseded folder. i think the issue is really just that I broke the links and had renamed the dst, and even though I have gone through and reset them, they don't get fixed permanently. 

hmm. now I think of it, it could very well be due the server and system used here. anyway, I wont make the same mistake again. :)

2021-03-30 -sheet set error.png

Edited by jt6572