Flipping my house around

shoebottom

Can anyone help me figure out how to flip my house around so I can put my windows on the back and side of the house? I am highlighting the house and clicking on rotate but it is wanting me to put in a base point and my book doesn't tell me what that it. 

9 hours ago, shoebottom said:

Can anyone help me figure out how to flip my house around so I can put my windows on the back and side of the house? I am highlighting the house and clicking on rotate but it is wanting me to put in a base point and my book doesn't tell me what that it. 

Have you looked at the MIRROR command?  There is an option to either retain or delete the original objects that are mirrored.

The ROTATE command will physically change the location of objects. I suspect you want to change the angle from which you are looking at your drawing. There are several commands for doing that, including 3DORBIT, the viewcube, and UCS (with PLAN). Give us as much information as you can about what you want to do.

Unfortunately, there is a steep learning curve with AutoCAD, and part of it is the interface, which includes just looking at your work.

10 hours ago, shoebottom said:

A base point is the point that you will rotate your house around, so you would want to select a point inside, or outside, the house. You can turn on your object snaps and select the endpoint of a wall or just click somewhere in open space. Once you select a base point, then you can physically rotate your house around that point you selected. But, as CyberAngel mentioned, I don't think that's what you want to do. Can you provide more information? Are you working on a 2D drawing or a 3D model?

screenshot61.png.497f992627ca3f3f757ab0577b79dd74.png

Like Cad64 2d or 3d, if 3d then need to reset your UCS to the wall so it becomes the current drawing plane. Do you know how to do that ?

This image is built from the plan view but creates 3d objects. Actually 2.5D 

If in plan view look at ROTATE3D command can draw windows etc in plan then stand up. Very easy rotate3d X or Y axis.

Edited by BIGAL

• 6 months later...

If looking from a different angle on the drawing is what you look for than this is the easiest way i know.

this should appear on top left side of the screen:

442231341_Screenshot2021-09-29095157.jpg.35f0005b2c6c2baf9d310a8d029a96fe.jpg

if it does not appear then type in the following command

DISPLAYVIEWCUBEIN2D

after that type in ON

so it now should appear.

when going with mouse across the view cube it will show arrows to switch veiw

1017302208_Screenshot2021-09-29095328.jpg.565768bb37f9e03ef959a250a64e4e0d.jpg

, u can also click and hold the cube itself and turn it around by dragging ur mouse.

hope i helped.