Custom Icons display_not accept changages

I am making my own icons (png) in Photoshop, for lisp routines that I am using.
It works fine for me. The problem is, if I make any modifications on Icons, Autocad (Map 2021) still shows the old version in toolbar.
In CUI I redefine path to the location of modified Icon again, but when I apply and close, there is still old Icon display in toolbar.
The only solution I know, is to rename Icon and import it again.
Can somebody tell where is the catch?

Edited by Jest

Each cuix file references both .mnr & _light.mnr files prefixed with the same name  as in acad.mnr and acad_light.mnr for acad.cuix. One contains formated copies of all large icon images referenced in that cuix file and the other contains formated copies of all small icon images referenced in that cuix file allowing ribbon tabs & panels to load instantly. 

Of course that means your toolbar display will not change until the those mnr files have been updated to display your modified png file referenced in your ribbon or toolbar. After closing AutoCAD delete those two *.mnr files associated with your cuix file and they will be automatically re-created next time you open AutoCAD. Adding another ribbon or toolbar item referencing new large and small icons should re-create the mnr files as well.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/help-me-understand-mnr-files-please/td-p/1857988#:~:text=MNR FILE HELP DEFINITION%3A,by the user interface elements.

In the CUI editor to the right of the drop-down for selecting a Customization File there are three icons. The last one displays referenced saved images (with their command macros) for each cuix (with drop-down) displayed and allows you to delete the images.

Thanks for reply...but nothing works for me.

Deleted mnr files of my custom cuix file, even all mnr files in Support folder (my custom cuix is in different folder), but no success.

On 3/27/2021 at 6:11 PM, tombu said:

In the CUI editor to the right of the drop-down for selecting a Customization File there are three icons. The last one displays referenced saved images (with their command macros) for each cuix (with drop-down) displayed and allows you to delete the images.

... and my old icon is not even shown on that list..

3 hours ago, Jest said:

Thanks for reply...but nothing works for me.

Deleted mnr files of my custom cuix file, even all mnr files in Support folder (my custom cuix is in different folder), but no success.

... and my old icon is not even shown on that list..

I've had the same issue. You need to assign it different Small & Large images so it's no longer referenced, click [Apply], then [OK] to free the image. Honestly it's easier to simply use a different named image to replace it.

53 minutes ago, tombu said:

You need to assign it different Small & Large images so it's no longer referenced, click [Apply], then [OK] to free the image. Honestly it's easier to simply use a different named image to replace it.

Neither this solution helps... I wont bother with this matter any more, so I will use the only solution it works....change the name.

Maybe the new Autocad version which is coming out those days, will eliminate this fault... 🤔

Best regards.

I would have thought like Tombu erase all references, the main reason why I always have custom menus and never use the CUI to make menu's. Still on my todo list is ribbon menu's as they must be xml. I did redo some icons and did have same problem will double check about mnr files and remake menu.

Copy a cuix rename to menuname.zip then can open and look inside may find some clues.

Edited by BIGAL