Reset Scalelist to default

Jest

I need a Lisp routine to reset scalelist to default in current drawing.
I have my custom default scale list and set it as default. But when I open new drawing, I have to reset scale list if I want to use my custom defaults.

So, I would like to put this procedure in just one shortcut..... "SCALELISTEDIT - Reset - Metric scales - OK"

(command "._-SCALELISTEDIT" "_Reset" "_Yes" "_Exit")

This will reset the current scale list but it will not change to Metric defaults. I don't know of a way to change the defaults. I would've thought this would be in the "UserPreferences" ActiveX object, but no property is exposed for this in Visual Lisp as far as I can tell.

Maybe it is settable in the Registry?

EDIT - As far as I can tell by my research. There is no way to reset Metric defaults via Lisp. What other users have done is just write a program to recreate the entire scale list to their choosing, even if to match the default scale list. See the attached file I found on the Autodesk Forums - not sure who the original author is.

scalelistreset.lsp

Edited by pkenewell
  • Like 1

Thanks

I don't know much about creating lisps, so I didn't expect it is not so simple...

There is my process in four steps, for which I hoped it can be joined into one simple command...

Capture.thumb.PNG.51d07634f62c8fa783dbad76eb293d41.PNG

Thanks for your effort to help me anyway!

This seems to work:

(setvar 'measurement 1)

Edited by ronjonp
  • Like 3

On 4/16/2021 at 3:45 PM, ronjonp said:

This seems to work:

(setvar 'measurement 1)

Cool! I didn't realize that the Measurement variable would force the scale list as well as the linetypes and hatches! Thanks for the insight Ronjonp.

1 hour ago, pkenewell said:

Cool! I didn't realize that the Measurement variable would force the scale list ...

Me either until I tried it :)

• Like 1