XRef Scales go wandering?

jt6572

Hi all

I have a dwt in which I have all of the scales we need, but it seems like whenever I create a drawing from it and save it only seems to retain the scales used. 

A dodgy workaround I have is a tiny mtext with all required scales as annotative scales, but that gives scales of eg.; 1:1000 X_Ref, which isn't cool as I use annotative text....

Could somebody please tell me how I can have them all stay in the drawings?! 

thank you 

I was under the impression that all annotative scales, used or not, are saved with a drawing. At least, I've never noticed them disappearing.

Look into the SAVEFIDELITY variable and see what it's set to in your template. Without more clues, I'm not sure how to proceed. Annotation is not one of my strong suits.

Hi CyberAngel, 

thanks very much for your help. :)

the savefidelity is set to 1. which is what I assume a toggle meaning it is on? 

in the interim, is there a way to copy scales into a drawing? design centre maybe? will have a quick look.... 

...nope. 

Edited by jt6572

16 hours ago, tombu said:

If you're talking about the [Default Scale List…] on the [User Preferences] tab in Options you can restore them with the SCALELISTEDIT command.

Hi Tombu, 

yes that is it.

thanks very much. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 7:33 PM, jt6572 said:

Could somebody please tell me how I can have them all stay in the drawings?! 

We have a custom routine that deletes all unused scales at drawing load time, and loads a set that is defined elsewhere.

So that all drawings that are opened will then contain the default set stored, plus any in use. This was due to the bloat bug that caused some drawings to contain hundreds of scale list entries.

1 hour ago, rkmcswain said:

We have a custom routine that deletes all unused scales at drawing load time, and loads a set that is defined elsewhere.

So that all drawings that are opened will then contain the default set stored, plus any in use. This was due to the bloat bug that caused some drawings to contain hundreds of scale list entries.

I used a heavily modified version of Jimmy Bergmark's PersonalMtextSymbols.LSP to do that for many years but he's noted it stopped working in 2019 version. Still doesn't work for scales in 2021 but does add the Mtext symbols.

If your's is still working I'd love to see it. 

Edited by tombu

Ours is a custom DLL file from a contracted programmer, so can't share.

But to illustrate the possibilities, ours reads a config file and custom tailors the list to the discipline of the user.