Can't find the variable setting I'm looking for

Quik&Easy

Sorry for the Newbie question but I can't find the correct setting on the move command. Here in the office, when I highlight geometry to move or copy, I can see them throughout the command process. Working from home yesterday, when I highlight the geometry to move or copy, I can't see entities while in the command, only when I conclude the command. I've searched through the setting dialogue but can't seem to find the correct variable to have them visible. 

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you for responding.

Here at the shop, entering dragmode in the setting search takes me to display/viewing....drawing display.

Entity dragging is 2 "whenever possible"

Hide original entity when dragging is 0; opening that box gives me a choice of 3d or 2d, both are unchecked.

dragging interruption mode is 1 "enabled"

snapped dragged entities is unchecked

fill mode is checked

highlight is checked.

I won't be able to communicate the other setting at home until I get home tonight, but if these are the setting that control my problem, I should be able to play with them a bit there. 

The setting on the home computer are the same as here. I wonder if it's a graphics card issue. Home computer is basic Dell, W10 operating system with whatever card is in it, running the old monitor I had for Windows XP Pro. Bricscad doesn't seem like a resource hog like autoCAD but perhaps it takes more oomph than what I have running at home. 

Working from home again today; dragmode on the command line is set to auto. Tried both on and off and no change. I have learned that if I pick individual elements, including dimensions and text, I can move or copy any number of them correctly, seeing the changes at all times.

However, if I try to window select a group of them, using either a right to left or a left to right crossing window, I can't see any of them while in the move or copy command until they land "over there".  So maybe it's a selection variable issue with the window selection?

I see in AutoCAD MOVE one can see the moved object connected to the cursor while moving but not the moved from object.  Well, I can see the original image if I look really really close and strain my eyeballs until they almost explode. It is WAY fainter than it used to be, and WAY fainter than the original copied object too, which stays highlighted.  Are you sure it is not there at all?

I wonder if it is a layer transparency issue.  I see where transparency does lighten the ghost image of the original object significantly.  

Edited by Dana W

I tried the "selectionpreview" on the command line; values are 0-3. Tried them all with no effect. I did explore the layer transparency as well early on, no change that seemed to help. I think this drawing got corrupted somehow and I'm giving up on it. It was an evaluation drawing for material needs, none of the work is of major importance right now. 

I will try a similar drawing at some point at home to see if it repeats itself but I'm tossing this one. The drawing does not behave properly here at the shop, either by opening the original or by importing it in to a new drawing. I've spent enough time on it, I think. 

Thank you for taking a look; I guess it will remain a mystery. Hopefully, it won't repeat itself!

On 5/17/2021 at 8:19 AM, Quik&Easy said:

Sorry for the Newbie question but I can't find the correct setting on the move command. Here in the office, when I highlight geometry to move or copy, I can see them throughout the command process. Working from home yesterday, when I highlight the geometry to move or copy, I can't see entities while in the command, only when I conclude the command. I've searched through the setting dialogue but can't seem to find the correct variable to have them visible. 

Can someone point me in the right direction?

@Quik&Easy

I think your seeing a BricsCAD bug that doesn't show items in the move or copy command if they overlap and are the same color. I have attached a Drawing with examples. I suspect you have overlapping geometry and need to run the overkill command.

They fixed this in version 20 I'm told.

Do you use different software at the office?

Drawing1.dxf

Edited by mhupp