Password on drawing is creating a issue

muck

All,

I emailed  a drawing to a client and they said that the drawing has a password on it.

I have never put a password on a drawing so what could be the problem here?

I saved the drawing with AutoCAD Lite 2014.  

I have also copied the drawing to a thumb drive and opened it with AutoCAD 2016 on another computer.

It did not ask for a PW.

How can I know that a drawing  has a pw or not?

What could be the problem here?

If I save and send him the file in dxf format,  would that get around this issue?

Thank you,

what are they trying to open it with?  Can you send them a different random file, see if that works okay for them?

dJE

There is also the outside chance that this is a network issue and has nothing to do with your drawing. Some networks are very strict on opening files that have been open/downloaded from an outside source. ask for a screen shot. You should be able to see if it's autocad or the operating system asking for the password. 

Edited by Kraken
spelling

The client said the drawing had a password?  Tell the client to send a screenshot of the message he/she is seeing on their screen.  If the drawing was password protected you would have made the client aware of what the password was.  Is the person you sent the drawing to someone you have dealt with before?  Have you done wok for this company in the past?

It is also possible that certain folders/directories on your drive are encrypted (by your IT department or admins) but provide you full access on your local account.

It can be done through windows or a variety of other 3rd party programs.

So phone call to your IT folks might be in order just to check.

-ChriS