Reference Point on the Transformation Tab Under Drawing settings.

Chudwick

I recently received some files from an outside company that had adjusted their Reference Point for IA83-SF Datum and I can not for the life of me figure out how to properly undo what they have done or adjust my work to their datum.   Hopefully I am only going to post two images the first one is the outside companies adjusted reference point, the second will be what we've run for years with no issues.  Any advice as to how to make these two mate would be appreciated  and another question I have is why would you adjust the reference point?   In this case this puts the IA83-SF origin in the middle of a cornfield and I highly doubt there is some NAD monument in the middle of a working field. 

I've tried using MapWspace to convert coordinate systems, and that didn't work. 

I've tried pointing out the outside firm that their datum is adjusted won't line up and I got the exact same adjusted files back. 

If I can't get to import this line work properly, sure I can guestimate where the stuff is going, but it is fiber optic line, I'd prefer NOT to guess.

Theirs

image.png.538751ad4deac646d88cee0517713463.png

Ours

image.png.f11731236ff32974bc30c2ba98e8c650.png

Origin Location

image.png.19fb814b60ea17262f7a48067445155f.png

image.png

image.png

• 1 month later...

What happens if you were to make a copy of their files and then uncheck the "apply transformation settings"  checkbox or leaving to checked and set all the reference points data to 0 and see how things line up then?

In my mind removing that reference and localization from the drawing should get you to where you need to be considering you are using the same coordinate system and no scale factor has been applied to their transformation.