Auto titleblock updater

rebkres

Hey,

At my old company we had a system that would update all layouts in a drawing with a few clicks and inputs. How can I make something along the lines of this and where do I start? Looking for something quite basic that fills out majority of the components in title blocks.

Welcome to CadTutor Forum rebkres.   :)

For those not using LT...when in doubt check LeeMac out.

http://www.lee-mac.com/  LT doesn't run lisp, so not much help for you,

but PLENTY of help for those not using LT.

Thanks Lee!  :beer:

Like Dadgad suggests, Lee Macs MaccAttEdit ( http://www.lee-mac.com/macatt.html ) is a good place to start. it will change block attributes to whatever you want, and also do it as a batch if necessary, all you'd have to do is alter layout specific details like a drawing number or specific drawing title.... so long as your titles are blocks with attributes of course.

You have posted that you have LT so it is possible to write scripts and run them in LT, you would use say Excel to create the script. You can edit a block using -attedit. I don't have LT so hopefully a script like this will work. This is for one attribute. In my title block the layout names are D01D02 D88 etc and the title block is always at 0,0. The X,Y value is a point on top of the attribute to be changed. Note the blank lines they are required.

Steven-g is a power LT user  so I am sure he can help for this type of task.

catb layout1
-attedit Y
DA1DRTXT
PROJ_NO

Value Replace 12345

ctab layout2
-attedit Y
DA1DRTXT
PROJ_NO

Value Replace 12345

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 11:59 PM, rebkres said:

Hey,

At my old company we had a system that would update all layouts in a drawing with a few clicks and inputs. How can I make something along the lines of this and where do I start? Looking for something quite basic that fills out majority of the components in title blocks.

Why not use Sheet Set Manager? No 3rd party tools required.