Drafsight v's Autocad webinar by Lynne Allen

BIGAL

This turned up in my emails very interesting a discussion by Lynne Allen about Draftsight compared to Autocad. For to long have thought Autocad is way to expensive. The price tag per year again is so small.

https://www.draftsight.com/media/demand-webinar-lynn-allen-can-draftsight-really-replace-autocad

Any one with LT should look at this. Steven-g come to the dark side with lisp included.

Run Visual LISP routines directly without having to reconfigure or recreate them. This addition to DraftSight’s existing support for Auto LISP accomplishes full compatibility with legacy AutoCAD automations. Available in DraftSight Professional and Premium.

For me a yearly renewal is about 1/2 my Bricscad fee.

That's a simple answer...depends on the user's needs. For some, sure, no problem in replacing AutoCAD. It can't for me. For my IWMS system I have to useA utoCAD. We've invested TOO much $$ and time to switch systems just to "try" a new CAD system. "If it's not broken......." ;)

You are right I was thinking more were I used to work some people just wanted a viewer, plotter and make minor changes, and Draftsight basic could be good value, compared to say LT.

We had around 25 Autocads/CIV3D  and skill level was all over the place, the annual renewal cost was massive, I pushed to remove LT and move to network copies as so many users were casual.

I have always been supplied with LT at work. So never a personal choice, I was once offered the chance to try BricsCAD which I really enjoyed but we had a group heavily invested in Revit and they killed that off. Being honest I have never found any problem using LT when you get into using scripts and macro's then LT can do anything that I need for work