Change Dimension Style Based On a Value

Nick24

Hi guys!

Please help me with a small issue.

I have a request to dimension this kind of objects. There are hundreds of files like this with one object per file. My issue occurs when dimensioning objects with huge differences between. Ones have 500-600mm, others can have 12000mm. Because having the same dimension text height everywhere, text will become extremely small comparing to the object length, thus becoming unclear. I want to avoid always change dimensions style and i'm wondering if there's a routine that can, in principle, search for string "TOTAL LENGTH:XXX" and then set dimension text height = length value / 40 (this is an acceptable factor for any length).

I already have the function with all the variables set, only the text/arrows height needs to be calculated based on object length as i stated above. 

(defun c:dsq()(command "dimclrt" "7" "" )(command "dimasz" "1" "" )(command "dimtxt" "1" "" )(command "dimclrd" "1" "" )(command "dimclre" "1" "" )(command "dimscale" "1" "" )(command "dimdec" "0" "" )(command "dimtvp" "0.7" "" )(command "dimtih" "OFF" "" )(command "dimtoh" "OFF" "" )(command "dimexo" "0" "" )(command "dimexe" "0.8" "" )(command "dimcen" "2" "" )(command "dimtofl" "ON" "" )(command "dimtfill" "0" "" )(princ))

image.thumb.png.75b98f8f03e367ccabc73d9851beb2fd.png

Thanks for any help!

Edited by Nick24