Coordination Icon is Ghosted

Bill Tillman

The project arch has provided me with a .NWD file which as I'm told can be opened using Revit 2022. So I follow these directions:

In Revit, link to the NWD file or its corresponding NWC cache file, as follows: Click Insert tab Link panel (Coordination Model). In the Coordination Model dialog, click Add. Navigate to the target NWD or NWC file, select it, and click Open.

But the Coordination Model icon is ghosted???

Okay, figured that part out. You have to have a project open to import the NWD file. That's done. Now to find my way around the 3D model. More to come.

And sorry to be such a complainer, but what I'm seeing in these docs is the same thing I've observed since 1997 when I really started working with computers intensely. The authors of the support docs too often make the assumption that their audience knows more than they actually do. So they define a 7 step solution but leave off steps 4-6 assuming everyone knows that.

Edited by Bill Tillman