Plot in bulk, publish, doesn't work?

cat3appr

Hello

i've been trying several times, following videos and applying the same settings, but when i load several dwg to pdf, the output will be one unique pdf with all the  dwg's that i selected for the plot. How come? i havent seen any setting that would make me  split the plots per each dwg, here for example, i have 2 dwg's and on the pulbish output it asks for a name, and when i give it, it will plot them both in the same PDF..... how to fix this and produce separate PDF files for each layout instead of all in one PDF ?

image.thumb.png.d059e0e0c635d4c024453bf47f951252.png

The reason it probably doesnt work is because i cannot chose a page setup, for instance i created this page setup, Arctia,

image.png.7127f6efb2e9c0a83d56a00e64cdad07.png

but in the publish options, i cannot see this page setup.....

image.png.1269db4bf34c89f03b39a19332791187.png

Edited by cat3appr

thanks SLW210

however also after uncheking multiseet file,   i still dont get the option to select the page setup that i created 

image.thumb.png.2416e05ed9d1a0ac73b1bc63dde84249.png

even after importing from a dwg which i previously plotted with my saved page setup, for some reason, i dont see my page setup in the new sheet that i want to plot..... 

image.png.44eddebc8c71b1d144bb601b807153d5.png

and just to make sure, in order to save a page setup,  i want to save this "previous plot" so , i clicked on add, and gave the name.

Unbelievably, this name then it won-t appear when i import it in publish

image.thumb.png.523dc71d1d632042e3cc8b5236e09cff.png

and I do save this page setup name to the current layout.... so im really not sure what the issue is 

image.thumb.png.62cb5c7a5767ea7d9308d2196d3ea29c.png

In publish, i want to import the page layout from sheet 004 which i just plotted single with the "Arctia" page layout

image.png.089e8b338f0bff212ee45381ba63a3cb.png

but it doesnt come up.....

image.png.25e93f7c56229e92aa47e27f97d33cf9.png

Edited by cat3appr

On 8/28/2021 at 2:24 AM, BIGAL said:

The alternative may be to use a lisp that will plot a range of layouts to single pdfs, this is still very fast, but 1 dwg at a time, as per attached, will need to be changed to suit your output.

Multi GETVALS.lsp 2.72 kB · 22 downloads   plotA3Pdfrange.lsp 1.23 kB · 16 downloads

thank you Bigal, i can use the lisp but I have no knowledge on how to modify it in order to plot each dwg to separate pdf ?

But most of all:  why the plublish tool of AUTOCAD doesn't work ?  Cause I had the same problem also with other versions. 

You need to change the following. Just type -plot and write down what you have to do to match your title block. The pdfname is auto = layout name and is located 1 level below the dwg in a PDF directory. 

(COMMAND "-PLOT"  "Y"  "" "DWG To PDF"
           "Iso full bleed A3 (420.00 x 297.00 MM)" "m" "LANDSCAPE"  "N"   "W"  "-6,-6" "807,560" "1=2"  "C"
           "y" "Acad.ctb" "Y"    "n" "n" "n" pdfName "N" "y"
    )

Google also "Maratovich Plotting"

okthank you BIGAL. First question,  why there are 2 lisps ? which one do i have to use to plot multiple DWGs to PDF ?

Unfortunately i am not sure how to apply the changes in  your LISP,  i imagine i need to chanbge into ANSI full bleed A, but i see MM in your example and I have inches... so i am sure i will get some error... too many variables and I am not a coder 🥺    could you suggest how to modify your lisp based on the settings here below :

All the dwg's have the same extent, upwork_base_5000_REV0.dwg  like this dwg attached.    And as my plot page setup is as below, ANSI full bleed A

image.png.96ac0769ca6729aa47ef0958f278fb7d.png

and from the dwg attached i need to plot this area 

image.png.2685581ea7106260a86f747bc8a8b7c0.png

And  each DWG plotted separately to a PDF , to a folder of my choice, and the pdf file name to be the same as the dwg....

thanks in advance! 

4 hours ago, cat3appr said:

it came up in russian language,😃 any idea?

1.You try Revers-Format (this is according to the state standard, it is not translated)
2. And you need to use the Revers - it is in English.
3. Use version 5.4 (why use past versions)

rev.png

Edited by maratovich

59 minutes ago, maratovich said:

1.You try Revers-Format (this is according to the state standard, it is not translated)
2. And you need to use the Revers - it is in English.
3. Use version 5.4 (why use past versions)

thank you, I opened the application... I dont know, to me it appears too complex , I guess it does a lot of tasks but I would need hours just to get acquinted with this.

I believe I will still need a LISP that will do the job I requested.   thanks in any case