Printer problems with HP DesignJet T830 MFP

DennisFM

Hello together,

we are using BricsCAD Pro V20 on Windows 10 and as plotter HP DesignJet T830 MFP, when plotting maps directly from BricsCAD or also as exported as PDF we have sometimes the following errors:

- the outer border of the map is not plotted completely, mostly the border which is on the side on which the plotter cut the paper is missing, sometimes all 4 borders. Thereby the plotter is not "cutting the border" there is still a gap but the border is missing.

- on some plots text is missing, sometimes just some letters, sometimes complete words

But these problems don't occur always, sometimes we plot the same plot twice, one is complete the second has one or both of the errors explained above.

We updated the firmware and drivers but also if we switched the drivers, the problem still occurs.

Does anybody have an idea what could be the cause for these problems?

Cheers,

Dennis

There are so many variables - but the first thing I like to do is remove the printer itself variable.

Set up your page setup like you think it should be and print to PDF. Now open the PDF in Acrobat or Bluebeam or whatever.

Does it look right there?

If so, then you know the problem is somewhere between your PC and the printer.

Next, print the PDF from Acrobat/Bluebeam/Whatever to the printer - how does it come out?

Basically remove a variable and note the results each time.

Here, we have dozens of printer models and hundreds of users and we (for the most part), actually do print to PDF, then print those PDFs to the hardcopy printer (if a hardcopy is needed at all....) - and we avoid all the pitfalls of having to install, adjust, & maintain [blank]CAD print drivers and settings.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

If you have a border line at exactly the hard clip  limit it can do what your talking about 1 line missing, bring the missing line like for me 1mm smaller and see if that fixes. Like on the A3 laser its 5mm all round but we have it set to 6mm and use Window C. 

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for your hints!

@rkmcswain If we frist print to PDF it looks like as it should be, there are no errors. If I print the PDF, I have the same problems like I have by printing from BricsCAD. Still some elements are missing sometimes.

@BIGAL I set it now once to 6mm and another time to 7mm but still the border line is missing. I also just draw lines around the outer border in the corner to see, if it simply stops too early, but the lines in the corner (down left and up right) are shown in the plot, but the outer border which is "inside" the corner is not shown in the plot. Also in both test plots the year in the date is missing.

Attached I show the map I tried to plot, the map itself was always complete in the plot, I just talked with a colleague, it was just always in the additional informations which are shown in this example, where some elements were missing.

GK_TS203N_210820_test.pdf

You have hard clip limits set LL & UR I would use those with a Plot Window Center. This should work every time. inside your printer/plotter ie the actual printer not pc often the firmware limits can be set and an option can be to change margins, the firmware will override the plot output.

• Like 1

Thanks for your idea, at the moment I can't find a setting to change to a Plot Window Center, where can I find this option? Also I changed the margins but there is still the problem.

Oh yes, now I have it, I searched in the wrong setup. But I can't select it, it's grey and I can't select it.

Printer_setting.JPG

Edited by DennisFM

Use Window and pick lower left and upper right then center. 

Google translate

Fenster, Unten links, Oben rechts, Auf sete zentrum

Edited by BIGAL

• 2 weeks later...

After a week of measurements I finally have time to go back to BricsCad. Do the clip limits I set inside the CAD also affect the plot, when I first export it as PDF?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 2:00 AM, DennisFM said:

After a week of measurements I finally have time to go back to BricsCad. Do the clip limits I set inside the CAD also affect the plot, when I first export it as PDF?

a  trick to find the print limits of a tab is to create a view port and set it to fit. this will draw a viewport to the maximum size possible then just use that to draw up a polyline.

• Agree 1