Diamond Plate

Hberg29

Hey everyone....been a long time, I lost the link to here and couldn't remember where this was. :cry:

Anyway, I've been searching today for any links to a parts library. I'm looking for a diamond plate part, and a steel grating part? Does anyone know where I can find either of those two?

The Diamond plate is just the standard stuff

The steel grating is 1 x 3/16"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No Sir, but thank you for the reply..

As far as the grating goes, I've created that since the post, I needed Steel Grating, 19W4, I found the specs in the Alro Group steel book. I'm good with that one.

The Diamond Plate is basically the same ole stuff you'd see on a redneck bumper :D or as outside stair tread? it's crome/stainless? with the little bumpies on it? I don't know how else to really explain diamond plate?

Either way, thanks for the response.

The part I posted should have had two texture samples - a diamond plate texture and an expanded metal texture. I don't know anyone who actually goes to the trouble of modeling these. A cosmetic texture should be fine by the time you zoom out to include the assembly - no one will be able to tell the difference.

That makes a bunch more sense....I couldn't see the texture on the parts that you posted, I'm sure It's something on my end, I'm still pretty new at all this Inventor stuff, I've been using autocadd for alot of years, but I've been trying to transition over to Inventor the past few months.

I'll have to check into the textures, that would be awhole lot easier then trying to model all this stuff.

Thanks a ton.

Here is a screen capture.

The texture of the expanded metal screen even allows you to see through the part and see other parts behind the plate. (not included in this image)

You can apply textures by part, by feature or by individual faces. If a desired texture is not already in Inventor, you can create your own texures (or download from cbliss.com - have to look around a bit to find them on that site)

Capture.PNG

What setting controls weather or not you can view those textures in your assembly drawing? I can apply those textures, their loaded in Inventor but If I change them (apply them to a part) It looks the same and I can't see that texture on the actual part?