Lisp to Automatically Place Block in a Selected Area?

Elektrik

I was trying to find a lisp to place lighting fixtures in a selected area as I want, and found one, but the lisp dialog box is in French, so I do not get it. The lisp does the following I suppose.

1.Arrangement types: regular, irregular, arc, line, etc

2.Select room dimension.

3.no of rows, no of column, rows distance & column distance.

4.Layer

5.Insert and copy for block

6.Pick block also visibility

7.Block scale

8.Then insert block

I am not interested in placing a block in a layer other than it is created in, etc., so it does not matter. I just want to place blocks in a selected area and I want to either choose the number of rows and columns, or the distance between blocks in rows and columns, or better can do both as I wish. The lisp in French is below. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Elektrik

Don't really need lisp knowledge to do what you want. just going to take a a few simple steps.

Run the command to show the dcl menu. take a screen shot or write down all the words.

use https://translate.google.com/  to translate them to your language.

open up the lsp with notepad++ search for the french terms and replace them with what you translated to000.

• Like 2

I had a look through the LISP file, there isn't that much French in there, though I did sort of give up when Google suggested "Longueur" to mean boring and not the translation to Length

The dialogue box isn't complicated to work through what it all means,, but mhupp is right, work out what you need to translate, and do a find and replace in the text file

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zwonko said:

But isn't the things what @Elektrik want, just stuff which do array command?

The lisp dose what they want and more yes. it would be more work to separate out the only feature they want to use. then to just translate the dcl file to terms they can understand. who knows maybe in the future they might need to use those other features.

• Like 1