extrapolate coordinates with varying density

cat3appr

RPL coordinates.txtRPL.dxf

Hello,  I have the attached dxf , which represents a route, i have its  XY coordinates in txt. 

Is there a way to reduce the density and give only a few points, for example where major alter points occour?  for example,   a point every 5 m in the steep curves 

and a point every 100m in the straight  parts? 

image.thumb.png.6a5e4d893cfbe013a2fb8a6643b87072.png

Been asked many times, there are some dirty solutions like skip every second point. To skip a point as its on same line BRG is more difficult but I think is out there, maybe at forums/autodesk, did you Google.

Never used it weed.lsp is out there.

Edited by BIGAL

There is a considerable difference in the amount of data in two files you posted.

The coordinate file has coordinates at one metre spacing, but the DXF file has lines which are about 30 metres in the curved sections and the straight section lengths vary between 200 to 11000 metres long.

So if you want 5m spacing in the steep curves and 100m spacing on the straights, then the amount of data will increase in the DXF file.

Any 'weeding out' of points will degrade the accuracy of the original data. What is the drawing to be used for? The amount of data loss depends on the acceptable degradation for usage afterwards.

The line is drawn as a 3D polyline, but all at the same elevation. It is 620 km long which means about 620000 coordinate points.

I would personally try a spread sheet to filter out excessive data.

AutoCAD Map3D toolset has the drawing clean-up tool as well. Not sure if it will do as well as the Civil3D tool.

If the OP has AutoCAD 2011 as indicated, eldon's method might be best.

6 hours ago, eldon said:

I would personally try a spread sheet to filter out excessive data.