Draftsight + lisp

paulmcz

Does anyone here know if there is a way to autoload a lisp file with every drawing in Draftsight? Something similar to AutoCAD's  acaddoc.lsp or Startup suite or some other way?

Thanks

Thank you.

I have read the article. It is about loading the lisp manually. The last response there asks the same autoload question but, unfortunately, it has not been answered. So, the autoload may not be possible in Draftsight.

That is a great idea but I don't need this for myself. I am trying to help somebody who uses the Draftsight only for minor annotation modifications. I am in contact with him only through Skype and it is not possible to persuade him to do what is shown in this very good video. If the procedure is not as simple as acaddoc.lsp or Startup Suite, there is no chance to help him with this. I tried with some other things a few times before. Teamviewer is also out of question.

Thanks anyway.

19 minutes ago, paulmcz said:

If the procedure is not as simple as acaddoc.lsp

Check to see if you can load lisp by drag and dropping them. Then just load the acaddoc.lsp that way.

Drag and drop works just fine. It loads the lisp file. I am just a bit closer to help the man. I described what he has to do, then he did it himself and it looks like he doesn't mind this loading procedure. He was happy that it all worked.

Great! Thank you.

1st thing contact Drafsight if there like Bricscad they will get back to you very quickly.

This is some comments about Bricscad, I am sure similar for Drafsight, there should be a Drafsight forum I would also ask there. 

image.thumb.png.264e96d4cbfe3084f327d02e26022ee2.png

Current Bricscad versions have a autoload option.

image.png.97c095b87ba0376987c7bcfbf48a6373.png

Just another thought in the desktop icon there is the command line that does the work, under properties, in the case of Autocad there is the ability to add a run script on startup "/S mystartupscript" this scr could have  (load "myautoload.lsp") as the script. You just copy and paste the icon if you want to try so keep original.

Edited by BIGAL

Excellent hint Bigal! But, I do not have Draftsight and my conversation with the person who is using it is very limited. He is not a draftsman and he doesn't want to be. I will try to find out if there is any "*.lsp" on his machine and where it is but that is going to be very difficult, I am sure. Then, I will try to make him to send me those files, if his search finds any,  and I will take a look at what those files do.

"autoload.lsp" sounds promising, if it exists there.

Thanks

The best thing you can do even for yourself is get a copy of "Everything" it is disk indexing software just blows explorer away type *.lsp at top and bang done, here they all are. I have indexed like 2tb drives. You need also to get the little add on ES.exe same site it allows you to use Everything from the command line  but export out a file etc. 

es.exe *.dwg -full-path-and-name >d:/acadtemp/dwglist.txt

this will find every dwg on multiple hard drives, export txt file to D:/acadtemp/dwglist.txt so just do *.lsp, you can do just Mydwg.dwg it will find that 1 dwg. You can do it inside Autocad using "Shell".

Yeah explorer will find but for me like 2 cups of coffee 4500 lisp's. I dont understand why its so bad, maybe MS should buy Everything.

I am using "Everything" for several years now and I agree, it is the best file search software ever created. But, seeing what is happening to Skype, I wouldn't like to see it in hands of MS.

• 1 year later...

With DraftSight you can create a startup.lsp file. The file should be saved in your AppData/Roaming/DraftSight folder; my path looks like this:

C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\DraftSight\startup.lsp

The startup.lsp will be patterned like this; only place the lisp name in quotes (no extension):

(load "yourFirstLisp")

(load "yourSecondLisp")

(load "yourThirdLisp")

-MfgEng