Water fall / stream design

afrazahmed

More detail needed. Are you talking a 3d surface ? Then CSD could do it for you, just need to paste multi surfaces together to get a final surface. Stream + Weir + Waterfall + Base.

image.png.68bb6a94ef9b1f303196110af3b95951.png

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, afrazahmed said:

what CSD app could you please let me which application are good for landscaping 

I believe Bigal is talking about C3D, (Civil 3D), not CSD.

I've done several streams and rivers over the years, but not waterfalls. I create a 3D drawing of the basic shape of the stream in Autocad, then I import it into a 3D program to build the model. Pretty much any 3D program can be used to model the stream, but with 3ds max it's easy to import the .dwg straight into the program. With other 3D programs you have to jump through some hoops to get the CAD drawing imported, but it can be done.

I used to only do still renders of my landscape projects but last year I started using Twinmotion to create animations. You can see an example of a river project I did here:

I've been  trying to figure out an easy way to create realistic falling water for fountains and waterfalls, but I haven't had much time lately and I'm not sure if it's possible to do what I want to do in Twinmotion. I might end up having to use Unreal Engine with a particle system or something like that.

I don't know if any of this is helpful, but it's all I've got at the moment. Good luck. :thumbsup:

The original post should have made it clear that a rendered image/movie was required, yes Civ3D or CSD Civil site design can be used to make the surface model for the water surface.

5 hours ago, BIGAL said:

The original post should have made it clear that a rendered image/movie was required, yes Civ3D or CSD Civil site design can be used to make the surface model for the water surface.

I dont know why people are confused I have Drone data of this terrain I want to present natural stream in this data which fill flow from Lagoon water to top of Terrain via pumping room

I want to show like natural either in civil 3d sketch up any software suggest me to show? or suggest me for software 

image.thumb.png.6490c43d73d56e75d2e512b6fce5b85c.png

1 hour ago, afrazahmed said:

I dont know why people are confused I have Drone data of this terrain I want to present natural stream in this data which fill flow from Lagoon water to top of Terrain via pumping room

I was confused because you didn't mention the drone data or the lagoon and pumping room, etc. You just said you wanted to design a stream and you posted here in the 3ds Max section, so I thought you were wanting to do some renderings or animation but what you're actually doing is civil engineering. I have never used Civil 3D, so I would recommend you listen to Bigal and what he suggests.

I posted THIS link in the other thread which talks about the procedure to import your C3D file into 3ds Max if you want to do some renderings, but for creating the stream you should probably do that in C3D.

• 1 month later...