Converting files to DWG.

CADLee

I am wondering and needing to convert files such as PDF to DWG. I know you can import a PDF and then do a SAVEAS so it is DWG. But I am wondering about converting. 

Is this possible with LT 

I am using AutoCAD 2022 LT

Thank ya

If you are going to be doing this regularly, or have a lot to do, then I suggest that you purchase a conversion utility.

I always used to use PDF Fly, it's not free but it always did very good vector PDF to DWG/DXF conversion with very little clean up needed following the conversion.
It would also import raster PDFs as images into Autocad.
https://visual-integrity.com/products/pdf-fly-pdf-conversion-suite/

There is a service where you can get one free conversion per week to see what their conversion products can do for you:
https://convertpdf.today/

• Like 1

I never found AutoCad's PDF conversion to be much good, but I am talking 10+ years ago since I was using AutoCad regularly so things may have improved.

(One of the good features I particularly liked in PDF Fly was that you could put in a batch of mixed vector/raster PDFs and it would process them all without a glitch, puting vector PDF>vector DWG and raster PDF>image in a DWG).