Opening drawing from a network connection.

Casusa

Hi.

In the opening box of my Autocad 2005, the button to access a network drive (external disk) disappeared.

In windows 10, this network connection is fully operational.

How can I fix this?

Many thanks.

Not much help, but AutoCAD 2005 was way before Windows 10 and there can be quirks when running old software on newer OS.

You'll probably need to search around and see what sort of work arounds others have used to help with any and all quirks.

Usually things of this sort are permissions related, you might look into the permissions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SLW210 said:

Not much help, but AutoCAD 2005 was way before Windows 10 and there can be quirks when running old software on newer OS.

You'll probably need to search around and see what sort of work arounds others have used to help with any and all quirks.

Usually things of this sort are permissions related, you might look into the permissions.

I've been using Autocad 2005 and windows 10 for well over a year

Where can I check these permissions?

Thanks.

I saw an article about connecting to a Dev Drive (Z:) in a search.  You can research the topic "How do I give myself full permissions in Windows 10."  

Edited by ReMark
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, ReMark said:

I saw an article about connecting to a Dev Drive (Z:) in a search.  You can research the topic "How do I give myself full permissions in Windows 10."  

I have a drive connected to My Computer (Windows 10) and DWG True View normally accesses that drive!!
Thanks.

So, this is an external hard drive and not an internal drive is that correct?  If the answer is "Yes" then do a search on "How do I fix Windows not recognizing my external hard drive."

Edited by ReMark
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ReMark said:

So, this is an external hard drive and not an internal drive is that correct?  If the answer is "Yes" then do a search on "How do I fix Windows not recognizing my external hard drive."

Hi.

Yes it is an external hard drive.
I can see it and access it on My Computer.
Does not appear in AutoCAD 2005.

That's the problem when you run an older version of AutoCAD under a newer version of Windows.  Everything initially works as planned then one day Microsoft sends out an update which is accepted without question and everything goes to hell.  Have you looked at Longbow Converter?  

https://www.longbowsoftware.com/Converter.php

Edited by ReMark
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, ReMark said:

That's the problem when you run an older version of AutoCAD under a newer version of Windows.  Everything initially works as planned then one day Microsoft sends out an update which is accepted without question and everything goes to hell.  Have you looked at Longbow Converter?  

https://www.longbowsoftware.com/Converter.php

No not yet?

It´s not free?

19 minutes ago, Casusa said:

Truth.

We can't, but life would be so much better if everything was free.

There is no other solution than to upgrade AutoCAD?

Upgrading to a newer version of AutoCAD would cost more in the long run than buying Longbow Converter would it not?  Anyway, how is it that under your onscreen name it lists "AutoCAD 2016" as your CAD program yet in this post you say you are using AutoCAD 2005?  What gives?

9 minutes ago, ReMark said:

Upgrading to a newer version of AutoCAD would cost more in the long run than buying Longbow Converter would it not?  Anyway, how is it that under your onscreen name it lists "AutoCAD 2016" as your CAD program yet in this post you say you are using AutoCAD 2005?  What gives?

Company laptop and personal laptop!!

37 minutes ago, ReMark said:

Why didn't the company you work for allow you to load AutoCAD 2016 on your laptop?

Because it is for my own small business.