programming for LT

samifox

hi

we are an AutoCAD developers, 

we have demeaned to develop programs for LT.

i would like to know what scripting, tools are available, 

what are the restrictions? what cannot be done?

i know that with DIESL i can have conditions, vars, access most of autocad commands...

but it still feel that some things are restricted without >net, lisp,etc

Thanks

In Advance

S

There is no 'real' programming in LT, you should just see it as stringing a whole load of commands together. Diesel will allow some limited decision making. User input is limited to picking points if required.

Having said that you can do an awful lot with scripts. I have used excel vba to create scripts that are then used to produce drawings containing multiple layouts.

40 minutes ago, steven-g said:

There is no 'real' programming in LT, you should just see it as stringing a whole load of commands together. Diesel will allow some limited decision making. User input is limited to picking points if required.

Having said that you can do an awful lot with scripts. I have used excel vba to create scripts that are then used to produce drawings containing multiple layouts.

are those VBA for sale?

Oh that was custom programming, and only really useful for the company involved. Besides the work was covered by an NDA. I just mentioned it as an example of what can be done even in LT. All the 'programming' was done in excel.

Buy Bricscad, Intellicad Drafsight etc you will not look back once you get into programming. It was mentioned elsewhere Bricscad $595 US ? Just work out twenty minutes times your pay rate v's say1minute with lisp. Still charge the same but get more time off.

Going away from Autodesk products is not an option for very many people, the last company I worked for had a contract in the 7 figures with Autocad products, changing software would never be considered no matter what the saving. And for these situations it is an advantage to get as much as you can out of using Autocad LT.

Its a pity Autodesk killed Lisp Enabler for LT. 

As you say Steven a good VBA programmer may be able to use excel as front end creating scripts or copy paste a column. 

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1