Vehicle Tracking - where to find details for vehicles

Adam - Inspire

Hi I have been using Vehicle Tracking for a while now and often adjust of create custom vehicle but was interested to know if anyone has come across a source for vehicle details for swept paths? 

Adam

You have to go on the manufactures web site and often values are not there, like max steer angle, can normally get wheel base info. Even these can be modelled.

image.png.5447a81fef5b3111020aa7ee7777c872.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not an exact science Vehicle Tracking is an educated guess.

Max steer angle and wheelbase are the biggest factors but while many vehicles look similar steer angle varies a lot by use model and manufacturer.

For a particular vehicle we're gone so far as to have the vehicle needing access do the turns on dirt and locate the tracks with a survey crew.

Generally though for approving plans we call for standard vehicles according to use like any commercial business with a dumpster has to be designed for pickup access.

Like Tombu the guys where I used to work got the crayon out and marked the ground as the truck turned and surveyed it. For a fire truck had the specs but no vehicle found a European truck so close used that I think we just tweaked a couple of the values. 

My Nissan civilian motor home 6m long does a u turn better than my car.

We had a planning submission for the best semi driver in the world to carry out a manoeuvre we deduced the turn angles had been adjusted so as to make it work asked consultant in no un certain terms "HAVE A NOTHER GO" no cheating.

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1