GIF problems test.

SLW210

I was one of those having problems and I use ScreentoGif I think its something to do with that software, have PM David about this problem one suggestion was to reduce the quality of the GIF.

I just tried again to upload a 400kb GIF using choose file  it just says uploading and never loads.

Drag and dro pnormally comes back with -200 Error.

image.png.4b637711dd2c66d263d0fd4196d9e904.png

Edited by BIGAL

The problem occurs when the animated GIF is more than 1200px in width or height. When this happens, images are uploaded and then auto-reduced to the maximum height/width. It looks as though there may be a problem specifically with animated GIFs, when auto-resizing is attempted.

If you can give me an idea of what a reasonable maximum dimension for animated GIFs would be, I'll consider making a change.

I will try reducing in screentogif 1st there is an option to reduce the image size. The image is like 1800 pixels.

I started in Chrome as it may have been a problem in EDGE.

The file is now 900x450 in size, it does now upload where as before just took forever then gave the -200 error. Likewise it still shows -200 Error.

Nor sure why I can upload to autodesk/forum no probs. 

I am happy to change gif maker any suggestions ?

3 hours ago, BIGAL said:

The file is now 900x450 in size, it does now upload where as before just took forever then gave the -200 error. Likewise it still shows -200 Error.

OK, just to confirm, you still get the error even when uploading a GIF that is smaller than 1200 x1200?

Having done a little more research, it seems as though the 200 error points at the server rather than the software. Most likely this is a memory error - the memory required to process and resize a large animated GIF must be greater than the default setting. I've now doubled the maximum memory allocated to this process, so please try again now and let me know if there is any difference.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Save as webp seems to work.

scratch that seems to freeze half way through. but doesn't error with upload.

Animation.webp

Edited by mhupp

• 1 year later...