Not Recieving Password Recovery Emails - Gmail

Kreaten_vhar

Hello.

Just wanted to report that earlier I had trouble signing in and figured I'd reset my password in lieu of guessing. I managed to recall my password (maybe it's time for a password manager ๐Ÿ˜…,) but still the recovery email never arrived even after about 3 hours. Worth noting that I received the email warning about my account getting locked for a short while after inputting the wrong password within minutes.
ย 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for reporting this. I'm not aware of a problem with outgoing emails for password recovery, but I'll keep my eye on it. I guess it may not have been sent while your account was locked. Would be useful to know if it ever arrived.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you guys checked your spam folder? I've been noticing Cadtutor notifications going into that folder lately, for some reason, so maybe the password reset emails are in there?

@Cad64ย Thanks for dropping in,

As of now if it were in my spam it'd be deletedย ๐Ÿ˜ข

That being said, I'm like 99% sure I did check it. Standard procedure when looking for a potentially lost email and whatnot.

ย 

Also I just initiated another password reset request, so if it does show up I'll let you all know here that the issue has resolved itself.

@SLW210ย Howdy,

I use Gmail.ย 

And just to update, the recovery request I submitted yesterday to test did not arrive either.

@Kreaten_vhar I've made a few tweaks to the settings, so fingers-crossed that will resolve the issue. Can I just check that you are receiving other emails from the forum? E.g. you should get notification emails if you have that option turned on in your profile.

On 5/27/2022 at 8:03 AM, Kreaten_vhar said:

@SLW210ย Howdy,

I use Gmail.ย 

And just to update, the recovery request I submitted yesterday to test did not arrive either.

ย 

A while back, Gmail was blocking a lot of password recovery emails, you might check with them.

I have been trying to reset my password all morning. I couldn't remember it to save my life. Thank God I finally remembered it somehow, but I can confirm that I did not receive a password reset email in both my regular inbox nor my spam folder. It has been a few hours since my original request. I am using GMAIL. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All who have been affected by this issue. After further research, it turns out that Google made some changes to Gmail recently. Essentially, this was a tightening up of security in an attempt to reduce spam. As a result of this change, automatic emails (registration validation etc.) from our forum were being rejected. I have now made some changes to the way in which email is routed from the forum, and that appears to have resolved the problem.

ย 

Please let me know if you are still having problems receiving emails from the forum.

• Thanks 1

Sorry for not responding to any questions here the past week, managed to really forget my password lol.

Anyways, I can confirm the recovery email made it to my inbox instantly now. Thank you all for taking the time to investigate the issueย ๐Ÿ˜€

• Thanks 1