Problems exporting to GBR files

peterg

We are just in the process if installing a new cnc fabric cutting machine. the software runs using GBR files, the problem I am having is when I import Dxf's from Autocad Lt 2023 into the nesting software circles are being seen / cut in 4 sections (every 90 Deg). this is wasting time as the cutting head is lifting & plunging at every stop. has anyone had any experience with this issue and can offer any solutions??

Try using polygon rather than circles. You will need to work out the number of sides.

Maybe try Bricscad 30 days, see if it does the same, have advantage of turning circles into polygon via lisp.

Have you contacted the machine manufacturer?

I have seen creating an older DXF versions for conversion in different types of cutting equipment work better than the later versions, I regularly use <2000 version. Or, do similar to what BIGAL suggested.

Without knowing any specifics of the equipment you are using, anything else is hard to say. Gerber files were mainly intended for PCB (printed circuit boards) AFAIK . 

Problem would seem to be the machinery's interpretation of the circle or the Gerber file is creating 4 arcs to make a circle, etc.