• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Strix

• ReMark

• Lee Mac

• soleary

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does this rule out having a Quick Link to threads with "0" answers?

No, although this is already possible using advanced search:

at-most.png

If you think this would be useful, I could see if it's possible to add this function as a Quick Link.

Very nice. Didn't realize that was there. I think a quicklink for unreplied posts in the last 14-30 days would be a worthwhile addition also.

but you can find unanswered posts even quicker by just clicking the header on the 'replies' column on any given forum :roll:

that way you can also see how many people have viewed the questions and been unable to answer them!

but you can find unanswered posts even quicker by just clicking the header on the 'replies' column on any given forum :roll:

that way you can also see how many people have viewed the questions and been unable to answer them!

That's right, the column headers in the forum listing are live and can be used to order either ascending or descending.

• 1 month later...

There is a feature I would like to see in this forum. I've seen it in others so hopefully it can be done. It's the thread starter's possibility to mark a thread as "Resolved" or "Unresolved". I would think many threads are not solved because they don't recieve as much attention by other members after being replied to once or twice without being solved. Just a suggestion :)

I don't see Lee Mac's thread being the same thing as Siberian is asking. If a question has been answered succesfully I believe Siberian would like to see that thread marked as closed off, to signify that it has been resolved. Ratings don't come into it.

This may be useful for those searching for answers. If a thread is closed off it may decrease the effort required to find what you're looking for, without wasting time looking at unresolved threads which may have dropped into the search.

This was discussed before, and not in the thread rating discussion, the main problem is that there would still be many who don't mark the thread, just as there are those who post the question and never post again.

***Edit*** Here is the link to the thread

and those who can't be bothered reading previously thoroughly discussed topics full of very helpful information which would give them an instant answer without them having to have their own thread for it?

at the risk of repeating myself, the only forums I've seen with the 'resolved' concept put into practice are those which have a team of support staff who are expected to provide answers to people who expect to be spoon fed

This isn't what CADTutor is about - we're a community of peers, who discuss the intricacies of our favourite piece of software, which always has more than one way to skin a cat, which leads to some interesting debates/discussions and we learn from each other in this fashion

Another major flaw in forums which use the 'resolved' system is that they are marked 'resolved' by whoever posted a reply - and on some forums that means closure of a thread - when we know only too well that the first answer does not always solve the problem

Thanks for the links to the previous threads - I'll merge this one and save everybody else repeating their stance on the subject :wink:

Actually, I've probably been a bit unfair with that rant (true though it may be) having come across here to escape the illiteracy of some posters on another forum - you just can't help some people :roll:

I'll start a new thread with a different suggestion which may assist in finding relevant threads to a problem - though that wouldn't have helped with this thread - the one I've merged it with had a much more random title so wouldn't have been picked up by the software

new thread