Multiple different DimStyles

cadmando2

We have over 45 different clients and sometime use there DIMSTYLES.

We have HVAC, Structural, Electrical I we use.

Each Client we have created DWT drawing with DIMSTYLES!

I suggested that we use the Tool Palette with each client DIMSTYLES.

Would like to have a dialog box to select which DIMSTYLE scale I want to us.

I want to utilize Tool Palette for other Standard drawing stuff.

Plus I was looking to a “FREE” block manager to put HVAC, Mech, Structural blocks that allow to insert blocks in set layer, scale!

image.png

• Like 1

Old fashioned and its free a custom MNU. Can set layers & scales etc as you insert. Tool Palette now and its free.

image.png

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 3

I added an "Add Dim Styles" drop-down in a Ribbon panel with macros like:

Command Name   Anno 0.1 Structure

Macro                      

^C^C^P(or C:Steal (load "StealV1-8.lsp"))(Steal (strcat (vl-filename-directory (getenv "QnewTemplate")) (chr 92) "AutoCAD Template" (chr 92) "Templates.dwt") '(("Dimension Styles"("Anno 0.1 Structure"))))(command-s "-Dimstyle" "Restore" "Anno 0.1 Structure") .regen

Since the code is designed to import lists of lists a list of dimensions styles to import as in 

(list "Dimension Styles" (list "Anno 0.1" "Anno 0.1$2" "Anno 0.18" "Anno 0.18$2" "Anno-0.1-Structure" "Anno-0.18-Structure" "Standard$2" "Structure"))

instead of just one in the example macro can be used and remember to include child dimension styles as needed.

Couldn't count how often or for how many different types of objects I use Lee Mac's "StealV1-8.lsp" I use a week but it's a lot.

Thanks Lee!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/5/2022 at 5:11 PM, BIGAL said:

Old fashioned and its free a custom MNU. Can set layers & scales etc as you insert. Tool Palette now and its free.

Could you post a link to this mnu!

image.png

• Like 1

Making a menu is very easy just use notepad and use menuload to do just that, I have been making menu's for like 40 years so go down that route all the time.

The menu option is a button pick from a menu PITS, it then opens a Image section in the mnu file.

Yes free block manager, using above, to explain more you need to make a slide of each block that is a captured snapshot of say your blocks. You can script this I have done like a 100 in one go. 

Once you make say 1 image section you can add more. I have like 30 image sections in a menu.

The simplest way to understand is for you to make say 5 slides of same type block plus 5 of another same type blocks eg PITS & KERBS, just have block on screen and type "mslide" zip them up and post here I will make you a menu, you can then add lots more to it. In the menu you can do set layer then insert.

image.png.51cef20613e24327a8988a06b9ce6b35.png