layout numbering

pmadhwal7

Hi 

supposed my dwg has  100 layout sheets and I want to put the layout number in each layout how it was possible in an automatic way, sample attached

Layout.dwg

By LISP:

(layoutlist) will give you a list of layout names

(command "layout" "r" (nth x (layoutlist)) "-NEWNAME-") will rename layouts, here layout number x

Make a loop the length of your layout list, and rename accordingly.

If you need to grab the layout name from say, a block in each layout, this will take you to layout 'x'

(setvar "ctab" (nth x (layoutlist))) wuill take you to the nth layout in your drawing

Just need to put is all together, ask if you get stuck but that is the basics

Or go here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/lisp-routine-to-rename-all-the-layouts/td-p/3511636

EDIT

Whoops got this the wrong way round, that was renaming sheets not a adding the sheet name into the drawing

Use the (setvar... part to loop through the sheets, use (nth x (layoutlist)) to get the layout name and then edit the text as you want in the sheet from there, noticing that your sheet name isn't a field but is text?

Edited by Steven P
  • Like 1

Hi all, please check what i need, select all layouts and mark numbers, like i did through this lisp

This is my attempt, choose title block, choose scale, it then generates rectangs, then next step make layouts that match.

Next step is do say "1 of 8" in title block. 

image.thumb.png.6a4e6c0d0f44d7ebc9511813e8d64423.png

So need a title block, there is more functions, copy attributes from 1 layout to all layouts, rotate North point to match viewport, add grid in papersapce, to mention a few.

I am happy to discuss these options but they do have a small fee as they were developed as a commercial answer. Send a PM to me with your email and we can discuss.

Thinking again even more INDEX.lsp, plus all the plot routines.

Edited by BIGAL

6 hours ago, BIGAL said:

This is my attempt, choose title block, choose scale, it then generates rectangs, then next step make layouts that match.

Next step is do say "1 of 8" in title block. 

image.thumb.png.6a4e6c0d0f44d7ebc9511813e8d64423.png

So need a title block, there is more functions, copy attributes from 1 layout to all layouts, rotate North point to match viewport, add grid in papersapce, to mention a few.

I am happy to discuss these options but they do have a small fee as they were developed as a commercial answer. Send a PM to me with your email and we can discuss.

Thinking again even more INDEX.lsp, plus all the plot routines.

Hi 

actually, this is a very small activity, but we have many types of activity which is required to devolve tool if you can do this for us we can discuss 

On 5/6/2022 at 9:58 PM, pmadhwal7 said:

actually, i want those text inside the layout sheet 

You should learn how to use blocks with attributes for your titleblocks. Then put that field in one attribute ( or make it the default value ) and all your sheets will automagically number themselves. Code is not needed for this simple task.

• Agree 1