Join two front polylines

itacad

Hi, I can't perform the simple operation described, that is, if two polylines are at the same height and the vertex of one polyline is in front of that of the other polyline, it does not seem possible to make them become a single polyline (the same operation succeeds instead with simple lines).

Greetings 

Have you tried using the JOIN command or PEDIT command?

Either of them can do it.

image.thumb.png.3fa3e0860b3ea974c0e33df40a8ba019.png

Edited by Dadgad
Graphic added

On 5/8/2022 at 10:14 AM, itacad said:

Hi, I can't perform the simple operation described, that is, if two polylines are at the same height and the vertex of one polyline is in front of that of the other polyline, it does not seem possible to make them become a single polyline (the same operation succeeds instead with simple lines).

Greetings 

The end points have to be on exactly the same point for JOIN to work.

5 hours ago, tombu said:

The fillet command is another option. Using Shift+pick ensures Radius = 0.

Fillet R=0 doesn't work here.

Always thought it strange Join works on Lines that overlap, but not PLines.

I suppose you could explode the PLines to Lines, Join them, then Pedit them. Overkill is pretty quick though.

1 hour ago, SLW210 said:

Fillet R=0 doesn't work here.

Always thought it strange Join works on Lines that overlap, but not PLines.

I suppose you could explode the PLines to Lines, Join them, then Pedit them. Overkill is pretty quick though.

Weird, it's always worked for me. Just tested it again both with PEDITACCEPT set to 0 and set to 1 and it worked both times?

Are you sure you had them at the same height same as itacad?

Thanks everyone for the answers!

The only answer that worked (hoping you didn't make any mistakes) is that of Dana W.

If the only solution is to bridge the distance between the polylines, joining the vertices manually and then launching the join command ... unfortunately it doesn't help

Greetings

Is one of the lines something other than a plain polyline.  I have sometimes frustrated myself trying to join two polylines only to find out one of them might be a polygon of some sort, like a rectangle 3" long and 0" wide.  It looks like a polyline, properties says it is a polyline but it was drawn as a rectangle.  I have not found a way to identify these little faux pas other than finally remembering that when I drew it, the command abruptly ended on the second point rather than offering to continue as it should have.  I apparently had clicked the rectangle tool button instead of the polyline tool button.  They are close together after all.  Part of the program apparently remembers the object is a rectangle and refuses to join to it.

Here's where somebody tells me to type the short cut because it is faster.  That is fine if you don't have arthritis making your left hand only useful to lift a beer mug.:lol:

Edited by Dana W
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, itacad said:

...yes, but it is only a file with 2 polilines...

In exactly the same direction, in line with each other, spaced 1240.543 apart.

If you cannot describe your question any better than that you should attach a drawing to start with.

Sorry for the delay...I am attaching a drawing in which I have highlighted the vertices of the polylines that I want to join with yellow circles.
The join command does not work.
In the file you can see that the result is obtained with the same command, if it is a question of simple lines.

join polilynes.dwg