ATTOUT command and "handle" reference

itacad

Hi, I'm using with satisfaction a command that I recently discovered: ATTOUT.

The extraction creates a reference called "handle"...I ask if the alphanumeric code indicated is searchable within the file and how.

Greetings

Handles are a unique property of an object assigned by AutoCAD you can not change it or modify it in a dwg. You can search for an object via its "Handle".

A handle is like a serial number for an object in a drawing. You can always identify or select or modify an object if you have its handle.

Unfortunately, handles are not much use unless you're writing a program. AutoLISP, for example, has a set of functions for working with individual objects. entget gives you the same information about an object that LIST does. entmod lets you change the properties of an object. entsel lets you select an object (or group of objects) in the drawing. Obviously, these commands are very powerful, but they can be very dangerous as well.