Text Formatting

I cheated copied and pasted to word added the a sub item then made a new Mtext and copy pasted from Word. 

image.png.431cde785857dd40a2d8101a4745ea35.png

Should have spent some more time formatting paragraphs.

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1

BIGAL,

That's definitely one way of doing it. Trouble is to make this usable by all I need to keep it inside of AutoCAD. What I find is that if I add a tab on that line it changes "A" to "A.A". I believe there is a way to do this, I'll just have to hack around with it some more.

• Like 1

I avoided trying to learn how to do paragraph indenting in mtext its just not clear how to do once we had our std notes set up did not need to do again as could add and subtract but we did not do 1 a b c etc

I think its in here pick the pi symbol change the first line maybe after highliting"a paragraph" I got something close by setting first line to 20 and hanging to 40. But really no idea what I was doing for consistency.

image.png.ccefc24f34be401247737459a66fcdf4.png

image.png.b769fea307333f15929bcc335248d15e.png

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1

AutoCAD Help

→ AutoCAD User's Guide

→ Create Notes, Labels, and Leaders

→ Add Notes as Single-Line and Multiline Text

→ About Multiline Text Format https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2023/ENU/?guid=GUID-E4DC3A14-3F0A-46AE-9503-6BBEE8DAF916 → Tabs and Indents

Works even easier than Word to me. Just select the portion of mtext you want to apply paragraph formatting to first. Needed for many notes in our drawings.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I followed the link in tombu's post and found a few good pointers. But will still have to hack at this a little more. While I got the format I was after, almost anyway... the format leaves a little to be desired when and if you ever need to edit the text. Back to the old drawing board.

On 5/16/2022 at 9:10 AM, Bill Tillman said:

Thanks everyone. I followed the link in tombu's post and found a few good pointers. But will still have to hack at this a little more. While I got the format I was after, almost anyway... the format leaves a little to be desired when and if you ever need to edit the text. Back to the old drawing board.

Sorry, I didn't notice the drawing attached to the first post.

Open the mtext and select the A portion of the text at the bottom, right-click → click Paragraph then set the first line indent to 27 (what the hanging indent was set to previously) and the hanging indent to 54 (27×2) and click [OK].

Afterwards hitting enter at the end of the mtext will add B continuing with the same indentions as A.

Worth looking at: 

Have You Tried: MText Basics and Beyond https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2023/ENU/?guid=GUID-1B3E8624-ED88-4409-AEA2-32836332AB27

Edited by tombu