Selecting block instances based on their custom properties

samifox

Hi

I have authored a dynamic block with” block properties table” controller and dimension and geometric constraint and visibility states,

Im looking for a search flexibility where for example I can select all instances in the drawing or a selection set  that use visibility A and are 160x80, and other instances that use visibility B and are 110x50,needless to say, they are all instance of the same block.

Is there any organic way of doing this?

Thanks

S

I've tried to use Select Similar on dynamic blocks, but without much success. Apparently, every instance is considered a different block, or at least every instance that has had some parameter changed from the default.

I would guess that it will require some code to find dynamic blocks that share a specific group of settings. Then again I'm a total n00b at dynablocks.

You need to look at Lee-mac dynamic block properties lisp to get properties of a block, as a dynamic block is *U???? by name. You need to use ssget with the *U* blockname, you can then look at the selection set and find the common block which has also a "effective name", then dig deeper getting the properties you want.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, BIGAL said:

You need to look at Lee-mac dynamic block properties lisp to get properties of a block, as a dynamic block is *U???? by name. You need to use ssget with the *U* blockname, you can then look at the selection set and find the common block which has also a "effective name", then dig deeper getting the properties you want.

yes i relize its possible with coding, i meant to ask if there is builtin way of doing it where LT users can do it as well