Title Block Template

Jim Clayton

Hello.  I recently switched companies and I'm looking for a good title block template.  The one that I was using got left behind with my previous company.  So far everything I've seen online either has waaaaaay too much stuff in it or not enough and I'm not liking the templates that are pre-loaded into AutoCad.  If anyone has any that they're willing to share, I'd greatly appreciate it.  Tks.

Its really about you making the template it should have all your text styles,  a title block that suits you, just add attributes to suit, linetypes including custom ones.

My old  dwt for instance for civ3D had like 200 layers, description keys, 100 Blocks and so on. So we had custom purge scripts ran after importing field survey. So removed unwanted objects. Our Surveyors had like 12 different layouts as they contained state survey forms.

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1

I have a few basic templates that include blocks, styles, layers and layer states we use for all our drawings. Everything else like page setups, layouts with title blocks and additional text & dimension styles are imported using Lee Mac's Steal from Drawing macros. Too many sizes & types of layouts & title blocks to include them all in a new drawing from a template.

• Like 2

Forgot to add just take a existing drawing as a start and erase all objects but dont do a purge and add more to it, like Tombu use Lee's steal. 

• Like 3

What has all of that have to do with a Title Block Template? I didn't see the request for Drawing Templates.

Back on topic,  it would be near impossible to give you a Title Block to suit your needs without knowing what those needs would be.

I have several different Title Blocks for different types and sizes of drawings. Each one designed to meet specific needs.

It is pretty easy to make one. If you need specific help, just ask.

• Like 1

If your going to start from scratch here is a little trick to get the maximum print area. Once the page size is set create a viewport and use the fit option. This creates a viewport on the dashed lines in paper space. (the maximum print area)  You now have something to snap to when drawing a rectangle. That rectangle will need to be offset in a small distance. Then just delete the viewport and larger rectangle. you can now create a title block within said rectangle.

• Like 2

On 15/06/2022 at 17:43, Jim Clayton said:

.... I'm not liking the templates that are pre-loaded into AutoCad.  If anyone has any that they're willing to share, I'd greatly appreciate it.  Tks.

Don't know if you want metric or imperial, but I uploaded a zip with a full set of metric ones some years ago:

https://www.cadtutor.net/forum/topic/62352-titleblock/?tab=comments#comment-514547

• Like 3

Thanks to everyone for the replies.  Sifting thru all of this now.  I think I should be able to come up with something using some of this.  Appreciate all of the help.  Tks.