Bind xref now a block

I had to send my drawing to a consultant and didn't save as - rookie mistake! I used bind xref to make sure he could see the original drawing with my details on it. The problem is now that xref is not updating as changes are being made on the original dwg - I believe it is now a block in my dwg. How can I get rid of it? I have tried deleting it and purge? 

When I try reattach the xref I get an error message saying the file is already a standard block in the current drawing. "Invalid"

4 hours ago, Lazurit said:

I had to send my drawing to a consultant and didn't save as - rookie mistake! I used bind xref to make sure he could see the original drawing with my details on it. The problem is now that xref is not updating as changes are being made on the original dwg - I believe it is now a block in my dwg. How can I get rid of it? I have tried deleting it and purge? 

When I try reattach the xref I get an error message saying the file is already a standard block in the current drawing. "Invalid"

Is it a block or is it an xref? You can select a detail and get the properties.

What happens when you try to remove the block? Does it refuse to delete or does it refuse to purge?

Welcome to the forum!

have you tried renaming the block if you cannot purge it?

add a prefix/suffix to it so it will not be the same filename as the xref file that you re-attaching.

• Like 1